Dan Lanning not taking Bama job

Ddawg69

Dec 27, 2019
Not sure why Sark would leave. Texas has just as many if not more resources and Austin >>>> Tuscaloosa. No way I'd leave to follow up what Saban has done.

So that means it has to be Lane by default

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I would imagine that Saben is having a lot of input on their hiring process and I always thought that he didn’t like Kiffin very much???

Reactions: Msdeltareb

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think it might be a stupid move on his part. Oregon isn't going to run the show in the Big 10 like they did in the PAC 12, but Alabama is still going to be Alabama with a good chance of winning the SEC every year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure why Sark would leave. Texas has just as many if not more resources and Austin >>>> Tuscaloosa. No way I'd leave to follow up what Saban has done.

So that means it has to be Lane by default
Sark is "only" paid like $6M a year. I wouldn't want to follow Saban if I were him, but if Bama offered him $10 or $12M and UTex wouldn't match or at least get close, I would probably go. If I were him I'd be looking to get a Jimbo type contract before having to play in the SEC every year. I would suspect after finally getting them to the playoffs they'd be willing to do something like that 10 years for $10M per year type deal.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't believe coaches. They say they are staying one day and the next day they are leaving for more money.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I would imagine that Saben is having a lot of input on their hiring process and I always thought that he didn’t like Kiffin very much???
I don't know that Saban will have (or even wants) much input on his successor, but wasn't there a rumor at one point that Kiffin was having an affair with one of the big Bama booster's wives while he was the OC there?

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
I don't know that Saban will have (or even wants) much input on his successor, but wasn't there a rumor at one point that Kiffin was having an affair with one of the big Bama booster's wives while he was the OC there?
The rumor (possibly a separate one) was that he was having relations with Saban's daughter. Alabama isn't hiring Lane Kiffin.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The rumor (possibly a separate one) was that he was having relations with Saban's daughter. Alabama isn't hiring Lane Kiffin.
Dexters Laboratory Run GIF by Cartoon Network

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
If I’m Saban I want no part of the hiring process.
Saban said in an interview today that he will remain "involved" in the athletic program for the immediate future. For what it's worth.

I will say, from what I know and have heard, rest assured, Lane Kiffin will not be the next head coach at UA. If he is, I will delete my SPS account and donate $1000 dollars for research to HBP.

The research funds will be earmarked not so much for wx, but for non-AI tiddies and azz.

Reactions: Xenomorph

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don't believe coaches. They say they are staying one day and the next day they are leaving for more money.
Or in this case….they imply they turned down a big job to “build something” when in fact they were never offered the job in the first place. The old “no such thing as bad publicity” stunt.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
She would have been about 20 while Kiffin was at Bama, way too old for Lane.
She’s also batshít crazy, and nowhere near Kiffin’s historical trim level. There’s no way that happened.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don't know how bad Bama wants Lanning, if at all, but if they want him this isn't over yet. They'll keep adding money until they get their man.

FTR, I will be shocked if they even talk to Kiffin. They would be more likely to hire Bilecheck.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
She’s also batshít crazy, and nowhere near Kiffin’s historical trim level. There’s no way that happened.
Crazy and not hot? Worst possible quadrant of the crazy/hot matrix. But filthy rich, so I’m sure she does ok. Need a 3D matrix.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I stand by my initial statement. They will have to whiff on a bunch of guys before Kiffin gets a call, if then.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I stand by my initial statement. They will have to whiff on a bunch of guys before Kiffin gets a call, if then.
We’ll see. Nobody knows. I do think Kiffin would kill it there. But there’s a few other coaches who could too. For some reason, I’ve seen Florida as the future job for Kiffin. But what do I know? If it does happen though, I’m claiming I called it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login