Dan Mullen and Dave Neal

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I listened to Dan do a game last week (NC State and VaTech, I think). I thought he was really good in the booth.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I listened to Dan do a game last week (NC State and VaTech, I think). I thought he was really good in the booth.
He won’t be there long. He’s goofy af but someone will hire him. Be willing to bet 80%-90% ncaa D1 teams would get better, starting tomorrow, if he was calling plays.

it’s unfortunate for him that the 10% that wouldn’t improve, are mostly SEC teams.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I don't know that Mullen will leave the booth except for what he considers an elite job. He appears to be enjoying it because he gets to be the subject matter expert and it plays into his egotistical qualities.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't know that Mullen will leave the booth except for what he considers an elite job. He appears to be enjoying it because he gets to be the subject matter expert and it plays into his egotistical qualities.
He's been doing a good job on ESPN U radio also on Full Ride. I've enjoyed listening to his insight on things with Rick Neuheisel. Usually on at 8-10am. He's always very complimentary of state.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Dano's probably got well into 8 figures in the bank and probably making $500k ish in the booth. It would have to be a great job to get him back on the sidelines.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Mullen had a $12 million buyout at Florida. He got $6 mil up front and $1 mil a year if he doesn’t take another coaching job. He’s making good money for a part-time job with ESPN. Unless he burns to stand on the sideline, he’ll do fine where he is.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
ESPN doesn't make him recruit or beg for NIL money. He loves it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dan is able to do more with his son in this gig. He's not likely to give it up until his son is out of school, barring some crazy situation where he gets a big offer.
He mentioned them on the radio show that it's nice to go to do his kids activities during the week if he wants.

he would not speak negative of jimmy yesterday when Chris Childers was going off on Jimmy. He got Dan some nice money. He hasn't said he is out of the game he has alluded that he would come back for the right job.

Last edited:

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
He had his dream job and he blew it. I don't think he has what it takes to run a top tier program. Mid-tier, yes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login