Darwin awards leaderboard 2/4/22

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/02/05/ran...-deputies-seize-over-200-pounds-cocaine-i-20/

So two Mexicans were driving a full size bus "erratically" at night on the interstate and the popo became suspicious.

Interesting.

If I were driving a bus with over 200 pounds of cocaine loaded therein, I'd be sure to keep my speed right at the speed limit and between the whiye markers of my lane.

I wonder ow "erratcally" these fellows were driving.

I've heard cops say if they went strictly by the book, they could pull over almost any vehicle whenever they wanted.

And I believe it. Generally, people don't drive very carefully.

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Zero info in presser about cash seized. Very wise on part of LEO. Never talk publicly about the cash.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I'm not a lawyer (whew) but could it be possible that the police got a informal, unverifiable tip from a rival gang that the haul was in process and then decided the bus was being driven erratically?

EngDawg

Mar 29, 2016
Technically, you have to remove your ability to reproduce (through accidental death or sterilization) to be eligible for a Darwin Award.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Well, it's a tough labor market, so you get who you can these days.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Does the Rankin Co Sheriff's Office use a blackberry for photos?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I went to school back in the 70’s-80’s with this guy, rode the bus with him every day. When he graduated he went to work for a janitorial service. When I moved back home years later he still lived in his moms old house,still had the same job, all he did was work nights at his job and drag race. I’m talking big time funny cars, traveled all over racing and always worked nights so he could work on his car and race during the day. A couple of years ago he’s busted hauling pounds of coke in spare racing slicks. I know his employer and he said that he hadn’t missed a day of work in over twenty years. The last guy you would have suspected. Led a very unassuming life, still lived in the same house the bus stopped at forty years ago, drove older used cars, just a great guy if you bumped into him in the store. Someone ratted him out because nobody would have suspected him. He’s either got a wad of cash buried somewhere for when he gets out of prison or he burned it all on drag cars.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
Erratic driving is and old standby for when the cops make a stop for no good reason. They couldn't say it was a big, funny-looking bus with no markings being driven by a brown guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login