Dave Emerick jumping of the Leach Pirate Ship

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Stay with a guy who is probably at his last stop or go hitch your wagon to a young coach at one of the most storied programs in the nation? A no brainer here.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He’s basically Leachs CEO. Does all the duties off the field that a head coach does so Leach doesn’t have to do them. It’s pretty smart.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Took a much better job.
Coach in Cali for a blue blood or sweat your nuts off in rural MS with no NIL money. Easy decision.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
USC definitely going to the new years 6 one day.

Maybe.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Took a much better job.
Coach in Cali for a blue blood or sweat your nuts off in rural MS with no NIL money. Easy decision.

professionally it's a good move ...but the cost of living and having to deal with the morals of the west coast ....I'd pass ...

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
professionally it's a good move ...but the cost of living and having to deal with the morals of the west coast ....I'd pass ...

Morals of the west coast? What is that? He's going to make a lot more there. Cali ain't nearly as bad as people down south claim.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Cali is great but the people are meh. Really Northern Cali and really southern Cali are great.

Just get rid of San Fran and LA. Or the douche bags there.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The 17 you say? You ever lived out there? Ever worked for a company based from out there?

Yep. Spent a lot of time out there. Enjoyed the hell out of it. LA sucks but never had much issue anywhere else. N. Cali is fantastic. Hell. Anaheim and south ain't bad either.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
A couple from Cal sold their shack out there and paid cash for a small mansion about a mile from me to raise their kids in Mississippi.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Yep. Spent a lot of time out there.

I didn't ask if you had spent a lot of time out there. I asked if you had ever lived out there or worked for a company that was based out of there?

I figure by your initial reply and your subsequent reply that no, you've not lived out there. I'm not talking about living in a van on the Yosemite Valley floor for the summer back in '92. I'm talking about paying city/ county/state taxes out there for 2-3 yrs.

If you haven't done that or worked for a company that's based out there then you have NO idea what you're talking about. You might think you have a good idea but you don't.

Yes, I'm argumentative and yes, I'm a little drunk and yes, I'm a lot mad at what I saw on ESPN tonight.

BUT needless to say, if you've never lived or worked out there or worked with a company based out of there you got no idea what you're talking about.

While I'm at it....Boomer Sooner and 17 OM!!

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I didn't ask if you had spent a lot of time out there. I asked if you had ever lived out there or worked for a company that was based out of there?

I figure by your initial reply and your subsequent reply that no, you've not lived out there. I'm not talking about living in a van on the Yosemite Valley floor for the summer back in '92. I'm talking about paying city/ county/state taxes out there for 2-3 yrs.

If you haven't done that or worked for a company that's based out there then you have NO idea what you're talking about. You might think you have a good idea but you don't.

Yes, I'm argumentative and yes, I'm a little drunk and yes, I'm a lot mad at what I saw on ESPN tonight.

BUT needless to say, if you've never lived or worked out there or worked with a company based out of there you got no idea what you're talking about.

While I'm at it....Boomer Sooner and 17 OM!!

Lived there off and on. Spent a year out there back in 2015. Other times were 6 months at a time. Still do business there. And I get the politics suck, but take out about three cities and even it wouldn't be bad. New York is far, far worse.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
Obviously, I live in California and have my frustrations. One thing that is well established is California has the worlds fifth largest economy which means a huge contribution to the American economy. California federal tax dollars leave the state to subsidies poorer states like Mississippi that can not stand on its own without assistance. Mississippi is the poorest state in America and drains national federal revenues because it contributes lesser than it receives. I have never heard or seen a Californian complain about its federal tax dollars getting rerouted, out of State, to lesser blessed states? Maybe some thought should be exercised before criticizing a State and its people with big hearts that give rather than receive?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Why are all those big hearted residents leaving in record numbers, Texans and AZ residents especially want to know? Are us poor Mississippians responsible for the crime and drug use in San Fran and Skid Row? How about those gas prices, highest state gas taxes and per gallon prices in the nation, how did Mississippi make those go to $6.25+ per gallon? How about homelessness in Cali, are those people paying so much in federal taxes to us poor folks in MS for our trailers they can't afford their own place? Lay off the Utopian propaganda, CA isn't called the "Land of Fruits and Nuts" for nothing

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
Why are all those big hearted residents leaving in record numbers, Texans and AZ residents especially want to know? Are us poor Mississippians responsible for the crime and drug use in San Fran and Skid Row? How about those gas prices, highest state gas taxes and per gallon prices in the nation, how did Mississippi make those go to $6.25+ per gallon? How about homelessness in Cali, are those people paying so much in federal taxes to us poor folks in MS for our trailers they can't afford their own place? Lay off the Utopian propaganda, CA isn't called the "Land of Fruits and Nuts" for nothing

I started my statement "Obviously, I live in California and have my frustrations." Those fruits and nuts drive me crazy also, but they do not represent the State population as a whole. California became the worlds fifth largest economy thru hard work just like the others that ascended to that prominence. My point is others in States that have failed to ascend to the worlds fifth largest economy do not have standing to criticize until they work up to that level.

A lot of the homeless are from out of State BTW. Because of the weather they get on the bus and burden the taxpayers of the State.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login