Dave Emerick

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Bo Bounds repeatedly harps on how bad Dave Emerick was at MSU. What exactly did he or did he not do to supposedly set us back years?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Yeah I’m curious too…. Bo also use to argue with State fans that Leach was a great hire and was going to help close the gap the Alabamas of the world. Clearly hit that one on the head

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
My theory.....Cohen is feeding the mouthpiece the foundation for damage control. When the offense doesn't produce, blame talent and blame the guy that left as the issue in recruiting.

Or Bounds just doesn't want to admit he is wrong. ...and blames Emmerick for a lack of talent which is an excuse to say he wasn't wrong on Leach's offense.

Or both.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
My theory.....Cohen is feeding the mouthpiece the foundation for damage control. When the offense doesn't produce, blame talent and blame the guy that left as the issue in recruiting.

Or Bounds just doesn't want to admit he is wrong. ...and blames Emmerick for a lack of talent which is an excuse to say he wasn't wrong on Leach's offense.

Or both.
Good Lord…

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Bo Bounds repeatedly harps on how bad Dave Emerick was at MSU. What exactly did he or did he not do to supposedly set us back years?
BO DONUT KNOW DIDDLEY

bo diddley dance GIF by tylaum

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Ol Bo back at it again, yesterday 3rd hour.

Beating State fans over the head with the same ole argument ....

Moorhead ruined everything.... blah blah blah.
No talent
Boosters don't do enough
nobody else wanted the job.
Be happy with Leach. "You" have an average program.

Disclaimer: don't misinterpret. I'm not arguing to fire Leach.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

No talent
Boosters don't do enough

Yes you are. You said it like 3 posts ago. "Bo Bounds won't admit he's wrong about Leach's offense". Well, he's not wrong - yet. You are trying say Leach's offense has failed, which makes YOU a shill just like Bounds. He just says certain things like they are fact all the time, I know that, but you are doing the same thing. Probably why you hate Bo so much, butting heads.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

No talent
Boosters don't do enough

Bo just says **** to fill programming. Doesn't need to be right, just needs to fill time.

If this is an accurate representation of what he said, this is probably relatively accurate for him.

Moorhead didn't ruin everything, but he left pretty significant locker room issues and younger players that hadn't received college quality coaching or strength and conditioning training before.

We don't have no talent, but if you're comparing us to top 10 teams, it's still mostly a talent issue.

The boosters don't do enough relative to SEC competition.

He's stupid to claim nobody else wanted the job. Nobody else with a track record approaching Leach wanted the job. There would have been a ton of up and coming G5 coaches and P5 coordinators that would have loved it. The problem is the hiring and firing cycle is so fast now that the up and coming G5 coaches rarely have more than 2 or 3 years of success before getting poached.

He's right that we should be happy with Leach. He may not be the best possible coach, but if you can't be happy when Sherrill, Mullen, or Leach are your coach at MSU, being a football fan is probably not for you. Maybe you are cut out for being a Bama or UGA fan.

We have an above average program if you look at college football, a little below average program if you look at the SEC West over the last 12 years. We've probably been average for the past 12 years looking at the SEC as a whole. Depends on your reference but not obviously wrong to say we have an average program.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yes you are. You said it like 3 posts ago. "Bo Bounds won't admit he's wrong about Leach's offense". Well, he's not wrong - yet. You are trying say Leach's offense has failed, which makes YOU a shill just like Bounds. He just says certain things like they are fact all the time, I know that, but you are doing the same thing. Probably why you hate Bo so much, butting heads.
Dude, I know what's in my head and what I'm thinking. Thank you. We can go 1-3 in NoV and Leach will be back. I've accepted it and I am good with it.

No my point is, Bo is lubing us up. Saying loses are the fault of all the other things. Lack of talent being one, which Bo blames on staff (Emerick). Which goes back to the OPs Question.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Bo just says **** to fill programming. Doesn't need to be right, just needs to fill time.

If this is an accurate representation of what he said, this is probably relatively accurate for him.

Moorhead didn't ruin everything, but he left pretty significant locker room issues and younger players that hadn't received college quality coaching or strength and conditioning training before.

We don't have no talent, but if you're comparing us to top 10 teams, it's still mostly a talent issue.

The boosters don't do enough relative to SEC competition.

He's stupid to claim nobody else wanted the job. Nobody else with a track record approaching Leach wanted the job. There would have been a ton of up and coming G5 coaches and P5 coordinators that would have loved it. The problem is the hiring and firing cycle is so fast now that the up and coming G5 coaches rarely have more than 2 or 3 years of success before getting poached.

He's right that we should be happy with Leach. He may not be the best possible coach, but if you can't be happy when Sherrill, Mullen, or Leach are your coach at MSU, being a football fan is probably not for you. Maybe you are cut out for being a Bama or UGA fan.

We have an above average program if you look at college football, a little below average program if you look at the SEC West over the last 12 years. We've probably been average for the past 12 years looking at the SEC as a whole. Depends on your reference but not obviously wrong to say we have an average program.
Correct. We are 8th in the SEC in average FPI over the last decade (above Ole Miss and Tennessee), and surprisingly, also 8th in just the last 5 years.

We are definitely an "average" SEC program, even as we are perceived as below average, even by our own fans

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My understanding is that Emerick had a little too much power in who we went after. Leach gave him a long leash. Might have cost us a good player or 2.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Emerick doesn't strike me as a guy who is a good evaluator of talent. Seems more of a gameday operations guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login