David Shaw steps down as Stanford HC

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
That’s going to be an interesting opening to me. It used to be a great job; but with the fall of the PAC 12 and the politics on-campus, I think they won’t be able to make a big hire. I do get concerned with West Coast openings that may open a DC spot for Arnett out there.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s one of the best universities in the world. I think it might have the best combination of academics and athletics of any P5 school. Plus, Palo Alto is great and they’re surrounded by talent on the West Coast.

They need to modernize that offense though.

Reactions: Southern Law Dawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s going to be an interesting opening to me. It used to be a great job; but with the fall of the PAC 12 and the politics on-campus, I think they won’t be able to make a big hire. I do get concerned with West Coast openings that may open a DC spot for Arnett out there.

Well, for those here who want to "run the 17in ball" more, better hope Cohen comes for Leach so we can get Shaw.

He'll sure as hell run the ball.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Stanford is the type job that Kiffin would take IMO. Him at Auburn just never seemed like a good fit to me.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Well, for those here who want to "run the 17in ball" more, better hope Cohen comes for Leach so we can get Shaw.

He'll sure as hell run the ball.
Kiffin to Stanford. Let’s start the rumor and cost ole miss some more money.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He had some good years and that's likely the toughest place to have a winning P5 football program. How many 4-5 star athletes in the country actually meet their entrance requirements? Maybe 150-200 and they're recruited by bigger programs.

Benny.sixpack

Dec 8, 2008
As a Stanford MBA (and hail state undergrad) i can objectively say that Palo Alto is actually what ole miss fans pretend Oxford is.

if they end up getting a B1G invite it’s a much better job than Ole Miss (and State for that matter). It’s kind of on par with Auburn I suppose.

Forget Texas and A&M. Stanford has real money.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login