David Turner not retained at Georgia Tech...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
so could he be coming back? I heard Phelps might be leaving but I actually thought our DL was pretty good.

Reactions: woozman

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've heard turner is coming back but I'm not sure how solid that is. He recruited some solid guys

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Who is the better coach ya think ? I thought they were good this year but not sure I would credit Phelps. I think recruiting is very important. Jimmy's and Joe's over Xs and Os and all that

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
He’s more than a recruiter. He coaches them up. Both times he was here he was the best position coach we had, in my opinion. Go back an look at the 4th and 1 that fired Orgeron. We were in a three down look, for some reason, with Tim Bailey, Cortez McCranney, and Charles Burns as our DL. None or these guys were highly recruited except for Bailey, I think as a linebacker, and he was moved to de. Every single one of them blows their guy up. Only looking back at the game did I realize that we did. Not only were we in a 3 man front, but those three men were not our best three men, and they were lower and had their hands inside and on the offensive linemen first. This made me a believer in Coach Turner before he recruited any of the big names we know of today. This would be an absolute great hire if we are able to get him.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who is the better coach ya think ? I thought they were good this year but not sure I would credit Phelps. I think recruiting is very important. Jimmy's and Joe's over Xs and Os and all that
I thought Phelps did ok given his guys. But at same time a lot of that is the scheme we ran. But turner likes to recruit monsters that would be great for nose and likes some beast for edge rushers

Reactions: drumrcraig

Benny.sixpack

Dec 8, 2008
I know some of this is probably influenced by our money guys pushing for familiar/State-linked names but I am loving the staff Arnett is putting together so far.

Bump and Turner if it comes true are big adds.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login