Dawgs Remain In Jenkins’ Heart

JoelTColeman

May 24, 2013
NASHVILLE, TN - March 09, 2023 - Former Mississippi State basketball player Jerry Jenkins during the game between the Florida Gators and the Mississippi State Bulldogs during the SEC Tournament at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Photo By Mike Mattina

Former State forward honored as an MSU SEC legend.

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Good article. Although I was at State during one of his playing years I have to admit I don't remember much about the team. And I did attend a few games. The old brain is rusty in my old age.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Wow Bump. Our Marketing on a National Level leaves much desired. These stories like the time we snuck out to play in the NIT should be our Hoop's Brand.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Good article. Although I was at State during one of his playing years I have to admit I don't remember much about the team. And I did attend a few games. The old brain is rusty in my old age.
Watched Larry Fry and Jerry Jenkins play in McCarthy Gym in 1974. The HUMP was starting to be built. Jerry was a typical small forward and Larry was a power forward, even though he was only 6'5". Larr Fry was a powerful force underneath....he could take on players 3-4" taller than him and do well. If he got within 5' of the basket, he scored or got fouled. A lot like Tolu, but much shorter. Jerry Jenkins was a good outside shooter, though there was no 3 pt. line back then. Brings back great memories.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Grew up as well watching him in McCarthy. That was a fun place to watch games as a kid. Also sold Cokes in the stands. Also remember Walter Wright from Morehead, MS. He could play too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login