Dawgs rising in KenPom

HailStateTate

Oct 30, 2020
I know it's still so early, but State is up to 27th in Kenpom. Ahead of Villanova, Memphis, and Michigan.

Fort Myers tournament is going to tell us a lot about this team.

Hail Freaking State

Reactions: The Fatboy

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Got to watch some last night for the first time. I know it's not the best competition, but it was encouraging. Even on offense, where we were scoring like **** while I watched, it wasn't that they weren't running the offense ok. It's just a problem with shooting and finishing. Of course the bad news is that's probably not going to be "fixed" this year. That's usually about players, not about coaching. But gives me hope that if he gets just average SEC players, we'll end up being pretty damn good.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Another useless GIGO computer ranking. One year, I decided to change my NCAA tournament bracket in the office pool to go strictly by Kenpom rankings. I finished dead 17ing last. Made the mistake of taking out my original bracket and manually scoring it after the tournament was over. I would have finished in the money.

But yeah, it's nice to be ranked high rather than low. Looking forward to seeing this team play. I'm sure with the offensive shortcomings, there will be times we'll struggle. But from what I'm reading, it looks like this team will play hard and give some teams some trouble. Looks like it'll be a fun season.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Does anyone have concerns about free throw %? 63% will lose a lot of close games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login