DD > SBW

JunctionDog

Sep 22, 2013
I haven’t been around long enough to know how to post videos, but I hope everyone on here is as embarrassed about the videos coming out of DD vs the BS that was SBW. Anyone remotely affiliated with SBW 22 needs to be let go. What an embarrassment for our university.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I haven’t been around long enough to know how to post videos, but I hope everyone on here is as embarrassed about the videos coming out of DD vs the BS that was SBW. Anyone remotely affiliated with SBW 22 needs to be let go. What an embarrassment for our university.

City of Oxford Leadership > Stark Leadership

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
I haven’t been around long enough to know how to post videos.

<dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; color: rgb(62, 62, 62); font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248)Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Sep 2013

When you thinking about getting around to that? It sounds like you have some great ideas.</dd>

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
super Bulldog Weekend has been worthless since the year they booked Ronnie Millsap!

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I don’t know how much of it is on marketing, but the leadership is changing on that front. Should make folks around here happy.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Lets start by acknowledging the 2 events arent the same thing. One is an arts and music festival. One is just a weekend baseball series with a glorified football practice.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Oh get out. SBW isn't the same as double decker. I know of non-fans and State fans that went there just for the concert and nothing to do with OM.

Same for Bulldog Bash. What do they do that's comparable to Bulldog Bash? Was there ever a weekend where the packed the square for a concert in the fall? No.

Last edited:

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
Lets start by acknowledging the 2 events arent the same thing. One is an arts and music festival. One is just a weekend baseball series with a glorified football practice.

Seriously. The two are like apples and lug nuts.

It takes real misery to compare those events in order to put MSU/Starkville down.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
<dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; color: rgb(62, 62, 62); font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248)Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Sep 2013

When you thinking about getting around to that? It sounds like you have some great ideas.</dd>

Man we need a super upvote or downvote button. $1 per extra vote. I would have dropped a tensky on that one. .... Looking at you Dawgstudent.

Goat alone would have you a nice bungalow in Maui by Christmas.

threeosix

Nov 29, 2017

This, Give me SBW with the game series, spring game, cotton district arts festival, and bulldog bash in one weekend then we'll compare.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007

You have been around here since 2013 so is it fair to say you won’t be learning anytime in the near future?

JungRebel

Aug 23, 2012
Yes and the Festival part of DD has always been precarious. We have to get bands that draw without overwhelming our town since it'll already be packed. I've always thought SBW had more potential as a pure music festival since Starkville isn't as congested as Oxford in its center of gravity. Oxford has been trying to decentralize goods and services away from the Square for years now whereas Starkville was always that way and now has an opportunity to build and polish multiple centers of gravity with a higher upside due to there simply being more space to build and expand. Oxford has nowhere left to build without extending the city limits.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login