Dear Coach Stansbury

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Good luck today. This is a big game and a chance for you to gt some national recognition. Its time for you to get that big win our program needs. Many of our fans are happy being "King of the SEC West", but a few of us want more. You can do it today. We believe in you. Today is the day for you to be "that guy" that pulls the upset.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Good luck today. This is a big game and a chance for you to gt some national recognition. Its time for you to get that big win our program needs. Many of our fans are happy being "King of the SEC West", but a few of us want more. You can do it today. We believe in you. Today is the day for you to be "that guy" that pulls the upset.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
Dear SouthCentral Louisiana Condom Salesman of the Year...

I never knew that an LSU fan cared so much.

Love,

Ricky

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
anyone that is 45 or so and has a really good career could coach college basketball. Nice job.

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
here is my thing. Say we win today. We make the sweet 16....yay! Say we lose the next game. What does that prove? Seriously? It will just be the same **** next year. There is only 1 team in every sport (Save Football) that doesn't end their season with a loss or a championship. Who gives a **** if we make the sweet 16? Final 4 would be awesome, even the Elite 8. Hell, we made the CWS last year and people want to fire polk again already.

I think we win today but if we lose next week, it still wont be some great accomplishment.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"We make the sweet 16....yay! Say we lose the next game. What does that prove? "

It would be the most successful season we have had in 12 years. And thats a long time. Not to mention having our name talked about all week after pulling an upset over a 1 seed. A win today would do a helluva lot of good

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We went 14-2, 8-0 on the road, and won the SEC Title outright. A 24-10 season in which we did not win the SEC and were an 8 seed in the Tourney would be more successful simply because we won our second round game this year? Let's just say I strongly disagree with that. If we make the Final Four, then I would definantly agree. Sweet 16? No.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I'd rather advance in the Tourney or play in Omaha than win the preliminaries. You cant judge basketball and baseball the way football is judged. In basketball and baseball, the regular season is played for seeding- not much else.

Prime example- Georgia- awful during the regular season. But wins the SEC Tourney and makes the Dance.</p>

Today is what matters</p>

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
no way a sweet 16 is better than our 04' season. No way.

Stans is Bianco. He will give a shot EVERY year. He has choked, no doubt, but you have a chance every year.

Polk is Brady. Final 4 two years ago and jobless now. Polk, CWS last year and the goat again. Good season every 5 years.

I'll take consistancy. It'll happen one day.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Everyone who doesn't make the Final Four or win the whole damn thing is just another team. Can you name me all 16 teams from last year's Sweet 16 without looking it up? I doubt it. I couldn't. But most college hoops fans can name you the Final Four from almost any year.

Sweet 16 is just an arbitrary, media-created title used for hype between today and this coming Thursday night so they can overanalyze the games. Yes, it is a different stage since you are changing venues, but otherwise, 12 of the 16 teams will be long forgotten in two weeks when the focus shifts to San Antonio.

To me, winning championships is what builds a program to the point that you can start seriously contending for the Final Four and THE championship - a national title. And Rick has won 4 division titles, a league title, and an SEC tourney. If people (LT) will get the hell out of his way, I think we have the potential for major long-term success.

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
exactly. We have been to the Dance 9 times in school HISTORY.....Rick has taken us to 5 OF THEM.....

Since he has been on our staff at MSU, we have now gone to 8 Dances. So, he is part of 8 of the 9 dances in MSU history, our only overall championship and multiple division championships, yet, dumbasses want to run him off.

Do you know what MSU basketball was before he got here as an assistant or a head coach? ****. That is what it was. He is consistant and has underperformed in the NCAA's, he will jump the hurdle one day. Be patient. Quit being idiots.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Other than State fans, nobody remembers we made the Sweet 16 in 1995. People do remember our Final Four. The Sweet 16 is nice, and I would love to make that step this year. However, that isn't some awesome step that separates good coaches from average or bad coaches. Plenty of bad coaches have made it that far and plenty of good coaches have struggled to reach that level. In the end, the Final Four is what matters most. Elite 8 and Sweet 16 are titles used to make teams feel better about falling short of the FF.</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
if their season were successful if they lose these games today. I dont think they will give a **** about their conf titles should they lose in round 2

**edited to add**- I wonder if John Thompson is going to crow about that conf title after losing today in his press conf

prairiedawg

Aug 1, 2012
GT lost to somebody they had no business losing to so sure they will be disappointed with the early exit.</p>

oem

Feb 23, 2008
UT's first championship since the 70's means a great deal to them. You should listen to what the Knights of the world say.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
But your point is valid. When you consider that Kentucky has won 43 of the 75 SEC basketball titles, anytime somebody else wins one, that's an accomplishment to be proud of.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
prairiedawg said:
GT lost to somebody they had no business losing to so sure they will be disappointed with the early exit.</p>

</p>So, what your saying is then, that even though they won their conference title, they had a disappointing season?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login