Dear Stans haters...

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
But but but he is a terrible floor coach who doesnt teach rebounding fundamentals

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
he's good, but not great .....he's the best we can do....only been to the NCAAs 4 out of 10 years as coach....

he's a great recruiter and average at best as a coach....

regardless of the facts, i am a big stans fan too

D

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
It's ok to get excited about an MSU sports team and actually like one of our coaches.

Average coaches don't win 20 games 7 of 10 seasons. Average coaches don't win 4 division titles in 6 years. Average coaches don't do the things Rick has done. The NCAA success will come eventually, just like it did for countless other coaches who struggled earlier in their careers in the tourney.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________average at best as a coach_________________________________________________
You = dumbass. Average coaches don't win as many games as Stansbury has. Accept it, the guy is a pretty good coach. Not great, but pretty damn good. He's certainly a top 5 coach in this league.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
And good coaches dont do all of that without having a single player have any real success in the pros

Ground Dog

Mar 1, 2008
if only Stans could win coachTurdyFour's approval.

I know that Stans loses sleep over it nightly...

Henry Kissinger

Aug 30, 2006
during three of those years we were borderline ncaa. and there was that brief stretch of crapiness following the final four.

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
stans is a very good coach....good.....not great.....and i dont think we could do better in finding a new one.....im pro stansbury....maybe i should have let my original post to this thread sleep with the fish, cause we just beat billy on his home floor....

good, not great.....that's all

D

M

MsuD00D

Once again I ask, while it would be nice to have an NBA first rounder, what does it have to do with success in college basketball?

We are never going to have a team full of McD's All Americans, yet we just beat a team on their home floor that had 2 of them.

Yes, It wouldn't hurt to have a one year and done type player like an Oden or Durant but we are doing just fine without that. The NBA is all about body size and has little or nothing to do with what a player does on a college floor.

I'll take a Brandon Bass, Lawrence Roberts type player any day. The NBA may not want them in the first round, but they sure can dominate an SEC basketball floor.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
you have called Rick Stansbury:

Average
Good, not great (2x)
Very good... good... not great
Good

Forgive us if we completely ignore your opinions from here on out.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
My point was he has been very successful in a strong conference with none of his players in the NBA. It was a compliment to Stansbury to keep that going for a decade

Henry Kissinger

Aug 30, 2006

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login