Decamerion Richardson selected by

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
the Raiders in the 4th round.
Las Vegas Raiders Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
 
  • Like
Reactions: Anon1704414204

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
We should have kept McBath. He is a good coach and recruiter. I think he still may be living in Starkville.
 

Perd Hapley

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
6,561
7,898
113
Funny. Considering him and Nabors, apparently Mike Leach knew how to evaluate talent.

Weird.
I don’t think Leach gets too much credit for “evaluating” Nabors. He was a 4* / 94 rated Top 150 player nationally coming out of high school (by 247). Everybody knew he was elite.

Probably doesn’t get much credit for D-Cam, either….that would have been the defensive staff primarily on that eval.

Now, none of that is a slight to Leach or saying he COULDN’T evaluate talent. I certainly agree that he could, specifically at WR, QB, and OL he could use for his system. I just don’t think those 2 players above are very good examples of that ability.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,150
13,010
113
I don’t think Leach gets too much credit for “evaluating” Nabors. He was a 4* / 94 rated Top 150 player nationally coming out of high school (by 247). Everybody knew he was elite.

Probably doesn’t get much credit for D-Cam, either….that would have been the defensive staff primarily on that eval.

Now, none of that is a slight to Leach or saying he COULDN’T evaluate talent. I certainly agree that he could, specifically at WR, QB, and OL he could use for his system. I just don’t think those 2 players above are very good examples of that ability.
LSU didn’t even offer him until signing day. He was the typical overlooked 3/4 star.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama