Deebo Samuel reveals he's getting death threats from 49ers fans

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
A bunch of fans that probably have never been to San Francisco let alone an actual game there.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
People need to understand, most players don't give two #$@!% about the fans. It's pure business.

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
People need to understand, most players don't give two #$@!% about the fans. It's pure business.
Love Debo but he has joined the childish act of removing his team from all his social media accounts. Doesn't deserve threats etc but you have to expect backlash when you act this way.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Love Debo but he has joined the childish act of removing his team from all his social media accounts. Doesn't deserve threats etc but you have to expect backlash when you act this way.

Why is this bad? Genuinely asking as I don’t know about this trend.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Why is this bad? Genuinely asking as I don’t know about this trend.
Sending a message that you are upset through social media isn't the way i would choose to address my employer, but it seems to be a growing trend in professional sports.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Ahhhhhh……life and social media = one in the same.

But only if you allow it. I still laugh at people who use and allow themselves to be used on social media. The best way to avoid social media is to not partake in it. I guess the only social media I use are this site and the rivals site. No Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Linkedin, etc. I sleep well at night without them.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I'm unclear what's going on. Is he not even giving the 49ers a chance to offer him a big contract? I thought everyone was saying the 49ers need to "pay him" given how valuable he was to their success all season long. Clear as mud!

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm unclear what's going on. Is he not even giving the 49ers a chance to offer him a big contract? I thought everyone was saying the 49ers need to "pay him" given how valuable he was to their success all season long. Clear as mud!
He’s not devante Adams or tyreek, not sure what what he’s thinking

Jan 18, 2022
Bout like ya mama???

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Reactions: Tngamecock

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Sending a message that you are upset through social media isn't the way i would choose to address my employer, but it seems to be a growing trend in professional sports.

I can see that. It certainly grabbed some attention though. When you have a guy like Deebo, who every 49ers fan can see is their best player week in and week out (and the x-factor that can help this team to a Super Bowl), trying to appeal to those fans to pressure the team can be a tactic. Though it's clear now that those tactics don't work on all fans - thus the death threats.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Fans are ultimately loyal to the team, and diehard fans want to think the players love the team as much as they do. When, in the case of someone like Samuel, who is wildly popular with the fans, it becomes apparent that it's just a business relationship to him and he has no loyalty at all to the logo on his helmet, that will rub a certain portion of the fan base the wrong way. Deebo wasn't loyal to his college team, so they shouldn't be surprised.

As for the social media aspect, I don't know whether Deebo is getting death threats or not. Probably not. I hope not. But, if you put your business out there on social media, you don't have control over the responses you get. People these days want to put whatever they want out there on social media AND dictate how others should respond.

Last edited:
Reactions: York cock

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
Could't agree more. This type of move only serves to stoke the lunatic fringe. The SF brass could care less. In fact, the juvenile nature of his actions likely only depreciate his value in their eyes.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Deebo makes it official, saying publicly that he is looking to be traded. Maybe not a tactic at all? Hard to come back after saying something like that.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Put him in KC and they win the Super Bowl next year. KC has two first round picks and two second round picks to trade.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login