Deep thought - does an LSU victory over UGA push Tennessee above Bama in the pecking order?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Its weird that anything would change with those two with neither playing, but an LSU win would give Tennessee two final CFP top 10 wins (with one being the head to head over Bama), while Bama’s best win would be over #20(ish) Texas.

To me, TCU is out with a loss, and the argument becomes Bama vs. UT for the final spot. Both are better than TCU. The above scenario is one thing that could make it more interesting.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Its weird that anything would change with those two with neither playing, but an LSU win would give Tennessee two final CFP top 10 wins (with one being the head to head over Bama), while Bama’s best win would be over #20(ish) Texas.

To me, TCU is out with a loss, and the argument becomes Bama vs. UT for the final spot. Both are better than TCU. The above scenario is one thing that could make it more interesting.
No Way Bird GIF

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm seeing Jawjuh, MeChicken, TCU and a toss up tween Ohio State and Bamer. Bamer's pitiful performance against tsun was worse than their 2 losses IMO. And I hate Bamer and would love to see them left out even though it would hurt STATE's bowl projections. Or maybe just 17 it and let those SOB's get in to help STATE. Dunno.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I'm seeing Jawjuh, MeChicken, TCU and a toss up tween Ohio State and Bamer. Bamer's pitiful performance against tsun was worse than their 2 losses IMO. And I hate Bamer and would love to see them left out even though it would hurt STATE's bowl projections. Or maybe just 17 it and let those SOB's get in to help STATE. Dunno.
How would the committee justify leap frogging Bama over OSU when neither team played this weekend?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
OSU is in over Bama, IMO.

MSU is one of Bama’s best wins on the season (along with #20 Texas). OSU’s win at Penn State is way better than anything on Bama’s resume. Plus, they’ve got a win over Norte Dame.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login