Defensive line

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
I wonder if Pickering or crumedy will start at nose. Pickering is my guess. Need crumedy to be the next great future NFL defensive lineman at state.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's time a few of these guys stepped up. Maybe Williams and Taylor will get things rolling. I would like to see a top 10 defense this year. This is Mississippi State. DLU ?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Word is Trevion Williams will be a name to watch. Maybe the next great one
I think so too. He was highly touted coming out of high school. Maybe not at the level of a Chris Jones or Jeff Simmons, but about a notch below them with a chance to improve greatly.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's time a few of these guys stepped up. Maybe Williams and Taylor will get things rolling. I would like to see a top 10 defense this year. This is Mississippi State. DLU ?
We weren't a top 10 defense last year (#35), and we lost a lot. If we can match that this year, that's a huge win.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
We weren't a top 10 defense last year (#35), and we lost a lot. If we can match that this year, that's a huge win.
I don’t follow close. But I follow close enough to know they’ve had some talent transfer in from other places that are big time D1. On that side of the ball.

We need 1 dominant linemen to step forward. 1.

Jefferry Simmons single handedly intimidating the entire lsu team before kick off is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen from Mississippi State football. Ever.

Reactions: grandprairiedog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We lost Forbes and Wheat. Who else did we lose of significance? And yes brought in plenty of DB talent. Should be improved back there. Just need a little more production up front.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
We need crumedy to be that guy. He is a difference maker, no doubt. I don’t think he is on the level of Cox, Jones, or Simmons, but I do think he may have the potential to play himself into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
I remember Crumedy being thrust into playing/starting as a true freshman due to mishandling of the roster. He was splitting time with a redshirt freshman that bolted for Florida state. If my memory serves me right, the guy who transferred never emerged at Florida state (could be wrong). Guess the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login