Deion digging deep for NIL $$$

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
If private equity becomes a major theme in the funding of D1 football programs, the Saudis and other Middle East entities could end up with a higher stake than domestic placements, unless Blackrock and JP Morgan get serious. That's will again propel the business model away from amateurism to levels we couldn't imagine even two years ago.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Go get it, but sure makes me nervous when I see folks get involved with saudi money. They don't exactly take you to court when the deal goes sideways.

Reactions: Dawg1976 and patdog

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If private equity becomes a major theme in the funding of D1 football programs, the Saudis and other Middle East entities could end up with a higher stake than domestic placements, unless Blackrock and JP Morgan get serious. That's will again propel the business model away from amateurism to levels we couldn't imagine even two years ago.
I bet college football will be a lot more fun when PE money gets involved!***************************************************************

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
When do we just say 17 this shlt? Are there still fans out there who are still all super-passionate about their teams, like live or die sort of stuff like it used to be? I haven't come across anybody that's actually fired up for football. Nobody is sitting around the water cooler with the preseason talk, nobody is talking passive-aggressively about lesser teams (example Alabama fans talking to MSU fans). How does this money continue to roll in?

This system has to be on the verge of collapse. Enrollment cliff, people just sick of the BS in general, sick of the entitled players. I realize that we all feed into it through our cable bills/subscriptions, but I think attendance is going to really start to suffer in a lot of places.

RebelRH

May 2, 2013
I said that at the start of the NIL. If the Saudis want to win a CFB national championship they will go all in and get it done. No program in the country will be safe from having its players poached. Got to give Deion some credit for being a forward thinker.

Reactions: GloryDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I bet college football will be a lot more fun when PE money gets involved!***************************************************************
Seems to me that PE requires a return. I would be surprised to see anyone funding it other than wealthy alums making bad "investment" decisions, if there is no way to contractually obligate a student to any NIL deal stipulation.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
you can tell when someone comes from nothing, usually the taste is wild and tacky, and they blow all their money to try to appear rich to everyone

The Saudi's would want TV and other rights from buying players, so that was a wasted trip

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seems to me that PE requires a return. I would be surprised to see anyone funding it other than wealthy alums making bad "investment" decisions, if there is no way to contractually obligate a student to any NIL deal stipulation.
This is it. These fools don't have any value on the real market. It's just dubmass alumni being stupidly competitive.

Jul 1, 2013
Look at how the Middle East petro-states took over European soccer clubs and pumped money into them to make them some of the best clubs in Europe (PSG, Man City). Someone in college football will be willing to take their money if they want to get involved and will probably benefit immensely in the short term.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
When do we just say 17 this shlt? Are there still fans out there who are still all super-passionate about their teams, like live or die sort of stuff like it used to be? I haven't come across anybody that's actually fired up for football. Nobody is sitting around the water cooler with the preseason talk, nobody is talking passive-aggressively about lesser teams (example Alabama fans talking to MSU fans). How does this money continue to roll in?

This system has to be on the verge of collapse. Enrollment cliff, people just sick of the BS in general, sick of the entitled players. I realize that we all feed into it through our cable bills/subscriptions, but I think attendance is going to really start to suffer in a lot of places.
Oh I'm done. Jumped off the wagon 5 or 6 years ago. Still enjoy a game on TV from time to time because I still love the sport. But I prefer NFL games now because they really are the best at playing the game. With the amateur aspect of the college game now gone, to me it's more like AA baseball: meh, who cares.

Reactions: onewoof

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Somebody linked me to Jason Whitlock the other day and guy is burning Prime down. Not just CU but the whole concept of pouring money on kids who turn to all kinds of vices. Gambling being one I hadn’t thought much about.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Oh I'm done. Jumped off the wagon 5 or 6 years ago. Still enjoy a game on TV from time to time because I still love the sport. But I prefer NFL games now because they really are the best at playing the game. With the amateur aspect of the college game now gone, to me it's more like AA baseball: meh, who cares.
Yep. The professional sport of football makes many many people very wealthy, including the athletes. Even they figured out that smaller rosters, salary caps, etc make for a better on the field product and some sanity to the rosters. What college football has been and is accelerating into is complete trash and ultimately will kill the product's watchability. Why would I watch a chaotic minor league with inferior talent when I can watch a stable major league with the best athletes on the planet?

Let's be honest about the way we compensate
players at the moment as well. I'm totally fine with an NFL player having a big year then getting a maxed out contract as a reward. Be rich, guy. You earned it. I get a little pissed when I hear about a 6 figure contract to a 17 year old who camps well, has a few IG followers, and otherwise hasn't won **** merely to sign with a school. Practically no commitment on the players end. Get a bag, contribute nothing, transfer elsewhere. Good job I guess making money in a stupid system but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It's complete garbage.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Look at how the Middle East petro-states took over European soccer clubs and pumped money into them to make them some of the best clubs in Europe (PSG, Man City). Someone in college football will be willing to take their money if they want to get involved and will probably benefit immensely in the short term.
Money gets you almost anything you want. Look at all the money from abroad buying up London.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Somebody linked me to Jason Whitlock the other day and guy is burning Prime down. Not just CU but the whole concept of pouring money on kids who turn to all kinds of vices. Gambling being one I hadn’t thought much about.
Jason Whitlock is only self-righteous on days that end in -y

• Haha
Reactions: MSUDOG24

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
When do we just say 17 this shlt?
We desperately need University Presidents to unite and take back the sport. TV money be damned.

No better time than the present either. "You don't like it? Join the USFL."

Pie in the sky though. Greed will never be defeated.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We desperately need University Presidents to unite and take back the sport. TV money be damned.

No better time than the present either. "You don't like it? Join the USFL."

Pie in the sky though. Greed will never be defeated.
Greed……and the fact that they all are still competing with each other. Obviously they and the rich boosters still live in a bubble. They don’t realize that much of the middle class is abandoning ship quickly. So out of touch with younger generations. They forgot that many of the die-hards are old baby boomers who moved to the college town and have tons of money.

That bunch is literally the only ones who get fired up for games.

Reactions: Maroon13

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Man, if you ever saw his house in Prosper, Texas you'd know how fitting this is. I bid some work on it about 8-9 years ago (He'd already sold it at the time) and it was the most Arab looking palace in the US.

View attachment 632030
View attachment 632031
View attachment 632034
Deion's house near Canton was on the market listed for $1.8M, but for some reason didn't sell and is back off the market. It has 40-something acres. Horse stables with apt above them. Swimming pool w/pool house. Not sure what he's going to do with it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Deion's house near Canton was on the market listed for $1.8M, but for some reason didn't sell and is back off the market. It has 40-something acres. Horse stables with apt above them. Swimming pool w/pool house. Not sure what he's going to do with it.
Mansions in MS are generally people’s forever homes or homesteads, whatever you want to call it. They don’t sell well for sure, just not a market. Don’t know why people would want one if they aren’t staying for the long haul.

On the other hand, if you’re rich and want to live in the Sip, can’t imagine a better place to build your bubble.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Learned recently that the Saudi’s were responsible for the Las Vegas shootings.
VegasShootingMap.com is an interesting rabbit hole.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login