Deion won't let team leave hotel in Houston

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Wonder how he handles home games...badum dum tisss

Why would players EVER be allowed to leave a team hotel at home or on the road unless it was part of a TEAM dinner, movie or walk thru, practice at the stadium?
I don’t know the context of this story but Deon - sound like he be trying to promote Prime Time!
Coach Prime all bout himself

• Angry
Reactions: AROB44

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Why would players EVER be allowed to leave a team hotel at home or on the road unless it was part of a TEAM dinner, movie or walk thru, practice at the stadium?
I don’t know the context of this story but Deon - sound like he be trying to promote Prime Time!
All the video I’ve seen from him dealing with those players has NOTHING to do with himself, but EVERYTHING to do with getting those guys into a better place, spiritually and financially. He’s set, rising tide just lifting up the other boats.

Oct 13, 2021
Nope, you have no idea what you are talking about. Player's usually can leave the hotel and stuff like that, but there's usually curfew in place. If you get caught breaking curfew you could be suspended or something like that.... Jake Mangum and a few others got suspended after breaking curfew at Arkansas.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Nope, you have no idea what you are talking about. Player's usually can leave the hotel and stuff like that, but there's usually curfew in place. If you get caught breaking curfew you could be suspended or something like that.... Jake Mangum and a few others got suspended after breaking curfew at Arkansas.
I think it works different for baseball because they are in the hotel for 3 days.
@Swede39 , what were the team rules at hotels for away games when you played?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Big difference in a baseball team staying in a hotel team 3 nights and a football team staying in one night. The Football team is on a pretty tight schedule with meetings, meals and rest. The schedule could include a team movie where they are bussed to the movie and back as a team. There also may be a timeframe when friends/family can visit but that stays in the hotel as well.

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
I think it works different for baseball because they are in the hotel for 3 days.
@Swede39 , what were the team rules at hotels for away games when you played?
Yeah so ours was a pretty tight and regimented schedule. Leaving the hotel at night was not an option regardless of home or away games. They had us locked in pretty tight.

The article did make me wonder if Deion has more of an NFL approach to that with his players. He may very well let them grab dinner on their own and have a curfew. Seems risky to me at the college level but that's just me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login