Destanni Henderson falls in WNBA draft, UConn guard Williams and others chosen before her

JodyD

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Jan 31, 2022
Kayla Pointer from LSU selected in First round by her Aunt Nikki Vargas who is the President of the Aces. Kayla is the same size as Destanni and we beat LSU twice. Destanni was a huge part of the Gamecocks winning season, not just the Championship. Shoots 40% from 3, relentless defender, and I'd bet all my $$ she's faster than any player drafted tonight. Yes, I do care about all Gamecock sports.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Kayla Pointer from LSU selected in First round by her Aunt Nikki Vargas who is the President of the Aces. Kayla is the same size as Destanni and we beat LSU twice. Destanni was a huge part of the Gamecocks winning season, not just the Championship. Shoots 40% from 3, relentless defender, and I'd bet all my $$ she's faster than any player drafted tonight. Yes, I do care about all Gamecock sports.
Surprised Aja Wilson had no influence on the selection.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Unfortunately the draft seems to value height and I believe she was the shortest person drafted nor related to a WNBA. Destanni is a good defender and pretty good 3 point shooter too, definitely got overlooked.

Reactions: DarkCock and CWW

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
It was definitely some nepotism at play. Both Pointer and Aifuwa another former LSU player under Fargas was drafted to Vegas as well

Reactions: Prestonite and CWW

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I wasn't following last night, but ESPN did give Indiana (who drafted Henderson) an "A" on their draft report card. Also mentioned that it's possible that Henderson doesn't make the roster - but that she has a good chance because of her defense.

All sports are littered with players that were great in college, but just didn't quite have a game that translated to the pros. I don't think Henderson falls into that category yet by any means, so I'm rooting for her to prove all those teams that passed on her wrong.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login