Did Bama belong?

Aug 20, 2006
I had lots of discussions at work the last few weeks with some of my BIG10 friends. Full disclosure, I don’t tote Bama water… I simply stated that the current number 5 should have been in. The point I made was Ohio St didn’t belong due to getting drug my Michigan at home and TCU didn’t belong due to losing to KState and not dropping one spot in the polls. I thought TCU was the fraud, but in hindsight… I was wrong. Ohio St wasn’t a fraud either, but that number 5 team should have clearly been in the top 4.

my buddy’s kept telling me “Bama has two losses, they CANT be in”. Where the hell is that written? It’s pure Bama fatigue and I totally get it. If they’re tired of seeing Bama in it every years, they’d hate the life of a State fan. We see those ******** every year on our schedule.

but I digress…. Should Bama been in the playoffs? And how would they have faired? Just curious what the boards thoughts are on it.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
Objectively, I don’t believe there are four better teams than Alabama. That said, I was glad they did not make the playoffs.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee (10-2) had the head-to-head win over Alabama (10-2), so if you did bump Ohio State from the playoffs, Tennessee should be in line in front of them. Especially when 1 of their losses was the #1 team that Alabama never had to play, AND that Tennessee blew out the other team that Alabama lost to.

Aug 20, 2006
The only team that could be argued is OSU. Their only loss was to the undefeated, playoff bound, conference champ.
Bama has 2 losses to 2 teams that didn’t make the playoffs or win their conference.

I wish the playoff committee would publish these rules that everyone quotes. Tge point of the committee was to put the 4 best teams in the playoffs. They failed this year. It is what it is I guess.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Nothing that’s happened in the playoff indicates any of the teams were undeserving. So no. They did not deserve to be there. Classic Bama. They can’t stand to be irrelevant, as if the college football world can’t keep spinning without them.

Aug 20, 2006
Tennessee (10-2) had the head-to-head win over Alabama (10-2), so if you did bump Ohio State from the playoffs, Tennessee should be in line in front of them. Especially when 1 of their losses was the #1 team that Alabama never had to play, AND that Tennessee blew out the other team that Alabama lost to.
Fair point…. Then the argument should be that Tennessee should have been number 5. Then my point still stands… it’s never been Bama should be in…. It’s that #5 should have been in.

Reactions: rezdawg

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
I had lots of discussions at work the last few weeks with some of my BIG10 friends. Full disclosure, I don’t tote Bama water… I simply stated that the current number 5 should have been in. The point I made was Ohio St didn’t belong due to getting drug my Michigan at home and TCU didn’t belong due to losing to KState and not dropping one spot in the polls. I thought TCU was the fraud, but in hindsight… I was wrong. Ohio St wasn’t a fraud either, but that number 5 team should have clearly been in the top 4.

my buddy’s kept telling me “Bama has two losses, they CANT be in”. Where the hell is that written? It’s pure Bama fatigue and I totally get it. If they’re tired of seeing Bama in it every years, they’d hate the life of a State fan. We see those ******** every year on our schedule.

but I digress…. Should Bama been in the playoffs? And how would they have faired? Just curious what the boards thoughts are on it.
Nope

Aug 20, 2006
Nothing that’s happened in the playoff indicates any of the teams were undeserving. So no. They did not deserve to be there. Classic Bama. They can’t stand to be irrelevant, as if the college football world can’t keep spinning without them.
How is my argument that they should have been in “classic Bama”?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

You know how you make it? Don’t lose 2 games.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
No, at some point, you gotta go with record over conference and schedule strength. Taking Bamer over Ohio STate or TCU woulda opened a can of worms and totally disfigured the process. 2 losses will maybe get you in once exansion takes place but they got it right this year with the Top 4.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They had a month to prep and they do well against weaker teams. Not the case this regular season against LSU and Tennessee. Win either of those and yes.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Bama’s problem is they not only had 2 losses, but they had no signature wins. The best win they had all year is on the field in Tampa right now. Let that sink in.

Reactions: onewoof

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
It's silly when bama fans try to make a case for their 2 loss team getting into the playoffs. It's full blown insanity that anyone NOT rooting for bama would try to suggest that.

Reactions: kired and PBRME
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login