Did Dohn just pull a Landon Sims?

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Sure looked like it. He gave a thumbs up when walking off but he was shaking his hand and looking down at his arm after his last pitch.

We will see.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
It sure seems like the program is just snake bit right now. Hopefully Dohm is okay, and he'll be ready for to get his **** shoved in versus LSU next weekend.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
Lemon really downplaying the dohm injury in press conference. Calling it a zinger. And says if he’s not going to act like it’s a big deal, I’m not either.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lemon really downplaying the dohm injury in press conference. Calling it a zinger. And says if he’s not going to act like it’s a big deal, I’m not either.
Man, that would be the best news of the day if thats all it is.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
For y’all that know more about this type injury than myself, I was thinking about how medics typically know an MCL/ACL injury immediately just by feeling an athletes knee. Can a UCL tear be determined in a similar way or is it different in that only an MRI is going to reveal what’s really going on?

Reactions: 17itdawg

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
For y’all that know more about this type injury than myself, I was thinking about how medics typically know an MCL/ACL injury immediately just by feeling an athletes knee. Can a UCL tear be determined in a similar way or is it different in that only an MRI is going to reveal what’s really going on?
Following for this answer too. I think it has to be an MRI from all the arm injuries the past few years, but I don't know so I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable than me about it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've rarely seen a guy have that reaction and not need TJ. Especially when he flirted with it last year. The way these guys throw all the time now, and throw hard, it's almost just part of the deal these days. You just hope to get drafted before it happens.

And I especially don't expect college baseball coaching bros like Lemonis to be able to diagnose it. They have a mental block about the whole deal.

But to your question, it depends on the tear. Pain can be variable too. So yeah, it's about the MRI.

Reactions: Seinfeld

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I've rarely seen a guy have that reaction and not need TJ. Especially when he flirted with it last year. The way these guys throw all the time now, and throw hard, it's almost just part of the deal these days. You just hope to get drafted before it happens.

And I especially don't expect college baseball coaching bros like Lemonis to be able to diagnose it. They have a mental block about the whole deal.

But to your question, it depends on the tear. Pain can be variable too. So yeah, it's about the MRI.
Same for me. I saw Lemonis comments after the game and thought there is no way both of them aren’t worried about this. Like you said, never seen that reaction and it not ultimately be a serious injury. Maybe he can avoid Tommy John but I’d be shocked if he’s on the mound next Friday.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Some similar happened a couple weeks ago where he started working his shoulder after a pitch. They came out to check on him, and everyone was prepared for disaster. He pitched another inning or two, and was obviously fine.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Same for me. I saw Lemonis comments after the game and thought there is no way both of them aren’t worried about this. Like you said, never seen that reaction and it not ultimately be a serious injury. Maybe he can avoid Tommy John but I’d be shocked if he’s on the mound next Friday.
I'm always concerned when a pitcher throws a pitch and then immediately comes out of the game. That's not normal. May not be a major injury (yet). But it's not something trivial either.

Reactions: HuntDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Some similar happened a couple weeks ago where he started working his shoulder after a pitch. They came out to check on him, and everyone was prepared for disaster. He pitched another inning or two, and was obviously fine.
Shoulder is one thing. The UCL is a different animal.

Reactions: HuntDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login