Did Flores get fired

justin.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
No. He got fired because he tried to micromanage everything and let personal grudges affect playing time and other decisions. He also hired inexperienced an under qualified assistants so he could feel like the smartest man in the room and couldn’t keep them because of how they were treated.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Lombardi said he told Tua that he wished they drafted Mac Jones. And 99% of the coaches would agree. They fired the wrong guy. IMO, Flores is better a better coach than Tua is a QB.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Lombardi said he told Tua that he wished they drafted Mac Jones. And 99% of the coaches would agree. They fired the wrong guy. IMO, Flores is better a better coach than Tua is a QB.

Lombardi literally walked that back right after he said it. I agree with you that Flores is a better coach than Tua is QB but he didn’t say that, at least not to Tua.

Flo got fired because he was a hard person to work with and that severely impacted his ability to hire and retain coaches, particularly offensive coaches

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I don't keep up with the NFL like I used to, but from your comments, he sounds a bit insecure, and not NFL head coach material, but I've seen conflicting reports. I was mainly asking out of ignorance, and thought it was interesting.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don't keep up with the NFL like I used to, but from your comments, he sounds a bit insecure, and not NFL head coach material, but I've seen conflicting reports. I was mainly asking out of ignorance, and thought it was interesting.

I’m a dolphins fan and keep up with them. I think the dolphins messed up. Flores is a great defensive coach. And I think a good head coach. He’s got personality issues for sure though, although I’d imagine most coaches do. If he figure out how to work well with others he will be a great coach

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
The story is he was stubborn and hard to work for/with. Being that he was billed a a Belichick disciple and protege I don’t understand what the big damn surprise was. I’m a Dolphins fan and wish we would have kept him. End of the day he leaves a much better roster & bankroll than what he inherited so I salute him for that.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The story is he was stubborn and hard to work for/with. Being that he was billed a a Belichick disciple and protege I don’t understand what the big damn surprise was. I’m a Dolphins fan and wish we would have kept him. End of the day he leaves a much better roster & bankroll than what he inherited so I salute him for that.

I agree with you. If I’m the owner of the dolphins I’m getting Flores and the GM in a room and telling them we gotta figure out how to make this work and have a working relationship.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login