Did I miss something?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This week we are commemorating the 1998 team (25 year anniversary). The team is wearing throwback uniforms that the 98 team wore.

Here are the throwback uniforms.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
We played in the SEC Championship game 25 years ago, and apparently some of our fans have no idea! Meanwhile, our little sisters in Oxford have never played in the game and they unveiled their West Division (co)Championship banner ON their stadium not long ago. How does this happen?
Everyone that goes in their stadium, and conceivably watches them play on tv, will see their accomplishment, which they didn’t do, and we have fans with no idea we’ve actually accomplished something in football….

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I remember, but the ups and downs since then make ‘98 seem like a film from the silent era.
For some strange reason, the 96 Final Four team doesn’t feel like it was all that long ago. Seeing how young Daryl Wilson still looks may be skewing my recollection.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We played in the SEC Championship game 25 years ago, and apparently some of our fans have no idea! Meanwhile, our little sisters in Oxford have never played in the game and they unveiled their West Division (co)Championship banner ON their stadium not long ago. How does this happen?
Everyone that goes in their stadium, and conceivably watches them play on tv, will see their accomplishment, which they didn’t do, and we have fans with no idea we’ve actually accomplished something in football….
Pretty fitting that the banner goes with their cereal box NC banners.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
I have 2 minors in math currently too. One is 15, and she does not want to discuss math at all. The other is 13, and he is smart at math, but currently trying to game the system because he'd rather play fortnight.
^^^ Nice! I have two minors in Math, English, History, Arts, P.E.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It happened before almost everyone currently attending MSU was even born. If we get a banner added, what will change? What will be better? How will it improve anything? Basically, people will randomly see it when they are looking around the stadium and think 'oh yeah, that did happen' and then get back to thinking about the game/drink/cowbell.

Add a sign to commemorate what happened a quarter century ago- its a small thing so sure why not. But doing it so that people watching on TV that have no idea about what MSU did 3 decades ago is pretty sad. Do it for a better reason than that.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Glad to see the best uniforms we've ever worn make an appearance. Pissed they they won't be made permanent and that a team as lackadaisical and boring to watch gets to wear them.

Maybe the Indian spirits will be pleased with the offering and light the fire under the team's asses that the staff clearly can't...

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It happened before almost everyone currently attending MSU was even born. If we get a banner added, what will change? What will be better? How will it improve anything? Basically, people will randomly see it when they are looking around the stadium and think 'oh yeah, that did happen' and then get back to thinking about the game/drink/cowbell.

Add a sign to commemorate what happened a quarter century ago- its a small thing so sure why not. But doing it so that people watching on TV that have no idea about what MSU did 3 decades ago is pretty sad. Do it for a better reason than that.
You mean like winning a NC in baseball? Yea, makes a good talking point and we went from never winning an NC to only winning 1 in baseball with the talking heads. The only people that it matters to is the fans of the school that wins it. Alabama's 1000 NCs are meaningless to me. So are Columbia's and Harvard's. Like you said, 25 years ago, meh.
AFA the interlocking MSU is concerned I bet you can buy commemorative merchandise this weekend. If you can't be there then you can buy it online.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022

maybe for the coaches and players who busted their butts to become champions. we were picked either 9th or 10th out of 12 teams overall in most of the polls. could it have been done sooner, sure? it wasn't so what better time to make it right.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You mean like winning a NC in baseball? Yea, makes a good talking point and we went from never winning an NC to only winning 1 in baseball with the talking heads. The only people that it matters to is the fans of the school that wins it. Alabama's 1000 NCs are meaningless to me. So are Columbia's and Harvard's. Like you said, 25 years ago, meh.
AFA the interlocking MSU is concerned I bet you can buy commemorative merchandise this weekend. If you can't be there then you can buy it online.
My comment on recognizing that we played in an SEC Championship football game 25 years ago does not apply to us winning a National Championship a couple years ago in baseball.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
maybe for the coaches and players who busted their butts to become champions. we were picked either 9th or 10th out of 12 teams overall in most of the polls. could it have been done sooner, sure? it wasn't so what better time to make it right.
Cool- hanging a banner to recognize the coaches and players sounds great. That seems like a really good reason.

That reason is 1000x better than wanting to hang it just because Ole Miss hung a controversial banner which people will see on TV and possibly not doubt.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Glad to see the best uniforms we've ever worn make an appearance. Pissed they they won't be made permanent and that a team as lackadaisical and boring to watch gets to wear them.

Maybe the Indian spirits will be pleased with the offering and light the fire under the team's asses that the staff clearly can't...
I don't see our team as lackadaisical. It looks to me like they are giving effort, just not being effective due to bad coaching not putting them in a position to succeed.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I have 2 minors in math currently too. One is 15, and she does not want to discuss math at all. The other is 13, and he is smart at math, but currently trying to game the system because he'd rather play fortnight.
I relate to the 13 year old on gaming being better than math, but not Fortnite specifically. He's probably learning more practical math gaming; vectored movement, trajectory of vectored energy (bullets) and real time calculation wrt to hit points left to die and creative problem solving like do I heal now or finish the fight and then heal.

I'm not a fan of math at all. Life just likes to punish my disdain by forcing my interests to areas that require math...

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
My comment on recognizing that we played in an SEC Championship football game 25 years ago does not apply to us winning a National Championship a couple years ago in baseball.
You said: If we get a banner added, what will change? What will be better? How will it improve anything?
Then I posted my response that it applied to us winning the baseball NC. What did it change? What is better? Did it improve anything?

I wasn't implying that you were talking about baseball merely relating the two.

Everyone on the SPS: I was not inferring that Golfer was talking about our baseball NC.

Reactions: mstateglfr
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login