Did Rhodes really say this?

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
I seriously doubt it.
<br style="font-weight: bold;"> <span style="font-weight: bold;">Throw in what Dorsey took as a snub by Rhodes, and the big fella was ready to brawl from the opening tip.</span> <br style="font-weight: bold;"> <br style="font-weight: bold;"> <span style="font-weight: bold;">"[Rhodes] said, 'I hope Dorsey got better overnight,'" Dorsey said. "He's a great player. He just had me so amped up for this game."

</span>First I've seen of that, and I don't get the hoopla over Rhodes saying UT would beat Memphis.<span style="font-weight: bold;">
</span>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Dorsey is full of ****. He also said that Stans came up to him before the game and said we were coming after him. I very seriously doubt that happened as well

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I'm sure it was in a very friendly and complimentary manner. As in "Memphis goes as you go (Dorsey), and we're coming after you, big guy." *wink*

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
I read it first here. It's even in quotes...
</p>
"We're coming for you," Stansbury said.
I seriously doubt Stansbury actually said that.

Another thing...

</p>
They survived a beam of sunlight in Dorsey's eye, as he tried to shoot a foul shot, courtesy of some Mississippi State fans opening and closing a curtain on the suite level.
Was it actually State fans doing this or is this reporter just spouting off at the mouth?

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
is a guy who beats women. Not exactly credible. And even if true, so what? Trash talking doesn't happen ever?

They have a couple of decent guys on the team, but overall they've got a future police lineup there, all dressed in furs.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...but seriously, I've lost respect for Calkins. Most of this bulletin board material has come from Geoff Calkins. It's apparent that he wanted to make sure his team was properly motivated.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
The depths of my hatred for the U of Memphis reach new lows every time I read crap like that. State fans opening and closing curtains to distract a 35% FT shooter? Really? Is he freaking kidding?

Edited to add: I don't normally do this sort of thing, but I emailed Calkins and asked him if he bothered asking Stansbury about what he said to Dorsey. Or if he bothered to ask anyone how the curtain got moved. And I told him he was a crap journalist.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I guess he never played street ball during the day. The funny thing is he made his FT with the light in his eyes.

uhhct1

Feb 24, 2008
i wish we started fouling that 17'er with 5 mins left. I knew the big bastard was bad, but I did not know he was that bad.</p>

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
I called and left a voice mail for calkins about 6 years ago and told him he was full of crap and he didn't have the balls to call me and talk about it. He called about 2 hours later. I told him he was still full of it, but I respected him for calling.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login