Did you know

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
That Garrison a brooks has attempted almost 3 times as many 3s in half a season at State than he did in 4 years at UNC?

42 here
15 in four years there

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
We gave him a shot to prove to the nba he was shoot a 3. He failed. Howland, put the red light on

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I wondered how I could be underwhelmed with an All-ACC player here… but it makes sense since we are asking him to be something that he clearly is not.

He transferred here for a shot at being that type of player. Malik Newman transferred to Kansas for a shot at being a Pg. He might have got a game or 2 before self told him to shut up and shoot. Howland needs to do something similar with brooks

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
I remember listening to an early season game and Richard Williams was right on it. Said Garrison had a good midrange shot but that threes were a bit out of his range.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
The brand of basketball we play is horrible. Everyone knows it.

We run man defense and then we run man defense. To be clear, weare pretty decent at man defense because we are pretty long and talented. To switch things up, we run man defense.

On the offensive end, we have a bunch of guys that can score and that have scored in their past. But, we have no plan/flow or any set plays worth a crap.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
The brand of basketball we play is horrible. Everyone knows it.

We run man defense and then we run man defense. To be clear, weare pretty decent at man defense because we are pretty long and talented. To switch things up, we run man defense.

On the offensive end, we have a bunch of guys that can score and that have scored in their past. But, we have no plan/flow or any set plays worth a crap.

I disagree with you on our offense. I see one guy who can score and one guy who could score if we asked him to play down low more. I see another guy who can score but he’s always hurt. The rest of the team is hit or miss.

DJ Jeffries has to be in the running for most overrated basketball recruit in our history. He’s worthless.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
It there is never any flow to our offensive sets and never has been because Howland doesn’t recruit guys that pass all that well or see the floor so we look like an early 90s nba team that ran nothing but iso looks

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
We have a guy that averaged double digits in the ACC for two years, Iverson (pure scorer), a guy who averaged double digits for Memphis the past two years, and, of course, Tolu. We SHOULD have four scoring options every night. Granted, Tolu is hurt but we look like crap on offense with him too.

Not to mention, Moore can really stroke it.

Our offensive game plan is offensive rebounding. It’s bad.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
We have a guy that averaged double digits in the ACC for two years, Iverson (pure scorer), a guy who averaged double digits for Memphis the past two years, and, of course, Tolu. We SHOULD have four scoring options every night. Granted, Tolu is hurt but we look like crap on offense with him too.

Not to mention, Moore can really stroke it.

Our offensive game plan is offensive rebounding. It’s bad.

Kenpom has us 21st nationally in adjusted O. That's 4th in the sec

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We will have a much closer game in Starkville. Our guys are a little star struck. They might get photos with the Kentucky players and their signatures after the game

Aug 18, 2009
Our offense is really not very good, whatever KenPom says. There are a couple of reasons for that. First, as good as Molinar is, we don’t really have a guy that when we have to have it, we can be confident that he will absolutely go and get a bucket. Second, we still do not have anyone that the other team has to really worry about shooting from the 3 point line. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. What we do have is a lot of pretty decent slasher types and some good rebounders. So, when we can out athlete teams, sure, our offense looks good. When we face a team as athletic as we are or better coached, not so much. When the other team packs the paint and dares us to shoot, we are almost always in a lot of trouble.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Our offense is really not very good, whatever KenPom says. There are a couple of reasons for that. First, as good as Molinar is, we don’t really have a guy that when we have to have it, we can be confident that he will absolutely go and get a bucket. Second, we still do not have anyone that the other team has to really worry about shooting from the 3 point line. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. What we do have is a lot of pretty decent slasher types and some good rebounders. So, when we can out athlete teams, sure, our offense looks good. When we face a team as athletic as we are or better coached, not so much. When the other team packs the paint and dares us to shoot, we are almost always in a lot of trouble.

5th in sec in ppg
2nd in sec in fg%
4th in sec in ft%
4th in sec in 3pt%

Aug 18, 2009
5th in sec in ppg
2nd in sec in fg%
4th in sec in ft%
4th in sec in 3pt%

Oh wow! I guess I am just wrong then! With this offensive juggernaut we are a lock for the tournament!

I can’t complain about the effort tonight and it would have been huge if we’d pulled it out.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I’ll agree somewhat with that but I still don’t like our offense.

I think we are boosted with the in conference numbers because they are some truly awful offenses out there. I will say we don’t take a number of “bad” shots like I see from a ton of other SEC teams.

I can’t believe we are 4th in the sec in 3pt percentage. I’m not sure if we are better than I’m thinking or if the rest of the league is atrocious at shooting.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I wondered how I could be underwhelmed with an All-ACC player here… but it makes sense since we are asking him to be something that he clearly is not.

Are we asking?...or did he come here for thst opportunity?...or both?

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
I felt like or offense was a little better then the score indicated in the first half. We had so many missed bunny’s, and a lot missed free throws that we usually make. Second half of the game the O looked fine. Idk I feel like Saturday will be a cleaner game for us and we get the W.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login