Didn't miss Malik Heath Saturday

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Heath had two catches for 15 yards and a TD. OM had a total of 167 passing yards in the game. Wow.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
Now guys. That Heath TD Saturday helped the Bearsharks cover the spread against the Trojans. So he was just what they needed. Didn’t you see how excited he was after scoring? It was like he was right where he always belonged.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Glad to see his is now the central focus of a program's passing attack.***

engie

May 29, 2011
Now guys. That Heath TD Saturday helped the Bearsharks cover the spread against the Trojans. So he was just what they needed. Didn’t you see how excited he was after scoring? It was like he was right where he always belonged.

They didn't cover

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
If we have gotten to the point of sending our receivers that can't cut it to the portal and Ole Miss is lapping them up, I'd say things have taken a dramatic turn.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If we have gotten to the point of sending our receivers that can't cut it to the portal and Ole Miss is lapping them up, I'd say things have taken a dramatic turn.

All I know, based on what I've heard, is that he wasn't welcomed back here. From that point, what he does is up to him. I'm sure Ole Miss saw a PR opportunity there...that's the kinda stuff they do. But if he goes on to catch 70 balls for them, it doesn't mean it's a loss for us. We have better options, who are probably better citizens too.

I just like watching Ole Miss fans twist themselves in knots over it. When he was on our team they said he was a thug.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I wasn't disagreeing, just noting the irony of us having so much WR depth that our outcast receivers are finding a home there. A bit of a role reversal.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I wasn't disagreeing, just noting the irony of us having so much WR depth that our outcast receivers are finding a home there. A bit of a role reversal.

I didn't think you were disagreeing, and I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just adding to the conversation.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
As long as we agree that Leach can't recruit because he really lives in Key West.***

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
All I know, based on what I've heard, is that he wasn't welcomed back here. From that point, what he does is up to him. I'm sure Ole Miss saw a PR opportunity there...that's the kinda stuff they do. But if he goes on to catch 70 balls for them, it doesn't mean it's a loss for us. We have better options, who are probably better citizens too.

I just like watching Ole Miss fans twist themselves in knots over it. When he was on our team they said he was a thug.

No clue how accurate this is, but I was told that Malik had a spot, but he said he wasn't coming back (or maybe was just equivocal about coming back), and then when he decided he wanted to come back the coaches told him good luck but they had already given away his scholarship. No problem with him, just wasn't a big deal either way. He never matured to the point of realizing his potential (hence not saving a spot for a player with his physical gifts) but matured enough that he wasn't a locker room problem they were happy to see go. Again, caveat emptor. This was from someone that as far as I know is not particularly connected, so not sure where that claim is coming from.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login