Dillon Johnson NFL Potential?...

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He can catch. He can run. I think he has a shot of making the 53 man roster. His only detriment is his speed.
Speed detriment? Didn't know Dillon was White. But seriously, I really like the interview he gave and he seems so damned level headed and smart. Love watching and listening to that dude talk. Doesn't he do a great job blocking too? That means SO much in the NFL,

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
He reminds me of Brandon Bolden. I think he’ll play in the league. He might be tough for some teams to project because of the system though.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Not sure how high he's drafted, but he looks like an NFL back to me.

1. Hit the hole and get more than you should. Check

2. Protect the ball. Check.

3. Catch the ball out of the backfield. Check.

4. Block for your QB when necessary. Check.

The top end speed is completely overrated. Outside of a few backs, nobody expects the RB to outrun anyone these days. I'm paying $100 million for a too QB, LT, and some receivers. I want a cheap RB that can move the sticks a few times, protect my QB, and make my play action passing game more effective. DJ fits that mold nicely.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not sure how high he's drafted, but he looks like an NFL back to me.

1. Hit the hole and get more than you should. Check

2. Protect the ball. Check.

3. Catch the ball out of the backfield. Check.

4. Block for your QB when necessary. Check.

The top end speed is completely overrated. Outside of a few backs, nobody expects the RB to outrun anyone these days. I'm paying $100 million for a too QB, LT, and some receivers. I want a cheap RB that can move the sticks a few times, protect my QB, and make my play action passing game more effective. DJ fits that mold nicely.
The most important thing out of all that is pass protection and he’s very good at picking up blitzes. If a RB doesn’t pick up in pass protection in the NFL he’s not going to play.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He can catch. He can run. I think he has a shot of making the 53 man roster. His only detriment is his speed.
I like DJ a lot….but not real sure how he stacks up against other solid but not spectacular backs we’ve had in the past.

A similar one that comes to mind is Aeris Williams. Great vision runner that always fell forward and got 1-2 more yards than you thought he would. Great pass blocker. Could catch well enough although we didn’t feature that in Mullen or Moorhead’s offense. Lacked breakaway speed as well. And of course, he never really sniffed the NFL. DJ may be a little bit more athletic, but I’m not sure the gap is huge between those two.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He sees the holes and hits them. He would be a good 3rd down and short back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login