Dinkins

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I saw Kelvin Dinkins listed ahead of Pickering at NG on the depth chart article. I assume that is just motivational material for Pickering. But, is Dinkins close enough to be a realistic challenge for starter? If so, future looks bright for that young man.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Not sure but I heard Dinkins was slippery and is going to be a good player. Shirley there is a spot for Pickering. He’s due a great year.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I saw Kelvin Dinkins listed ahead of Pickering at NG on the depth chart article. I assume that is just motivational material for Pickering. But, is Dinkins close enough to be a realistic challenge for starter? If so, future looks bright for that young man.
Dinkins is strong. Really, really strong. Not sure how good he is, no one really knows. He’s intriguing for sure. With Pickering missing the spring I’m sure he gained a lot of ground.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants
Sep 12, 2013
Not sure but I heard Dinkins was slippery and is going to be a good player. Shirley there is a spot for Pickering. He’s due a great year.
Pickering is what he is at this point. He makes some good plays but he’s an average SEC DL imo. Dinkins taking over that split would be a good thing imo. Pick would still be heavy in the rotation.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We are very old on the DL outside of Dinkins and Williams so we need those two to be contributors this year. I think both will be solid players at worst, both may have high ceilings before their careers are over.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
From what I read on one of the articles, they dismiss a few of the veteran players early to get more looks at the younger guys. Dinkins was first out in the 11 on 11 for the few minutes media could watch, but Pickering is the hands down starter was how I read it.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
But all indications are that Dinkins is a dude, the defensive line is a position group that traditionally rotates a lot. And our young pups need reps this season because we will be losing a lot after this year.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
From what I read on one of the articles, they dismiss a few of the veteran players early to get more looks at the younger guys. Dinkins was first out in the 11 on 11 for the few minutes media could watch, but Pickering is the hands down starter was how I read it.
I agree. I only saw the depth chart post before I submitted. Still think Dinkins may be a dude and hope he pushes Pickering for starts.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Sounds like a Preston Smith situation which really worked out for State.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Pickering has been looking great in practice. Dinkins is behind him but will get snaps.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login