DirecTV Pigeon Ad

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So, I noticed something funny about the DirecTV ad with the “Coach Prime” Pigeon.

So, the whole premise of the commercial is how you can watch football on DirecTV, which is currently embroiled in a dispute with Disney and currently doesn’t carry any of the ESPN channels. The pigeons are watching the family watch football through the windows, but when you look at what they’re actually watching, it’s a scene from Any Given Sunday 🤣, which is such a funny self-own. It’s like “DirecTV, we’re currently missing a LOT of live football, but we have movies about football!”

16A75C1A-B4C0-4D87-BB63-5245D7BE2246.jpeg

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
So, I noticed something funny about the DirecTV ad with the “Coach Prime” Pigeon.

So, the whole premise of the commercial is how you can watch football on DirecTV, which is currently embroiled in a dispute with Disney and currently doesn’t carry any of the ESPN channels. The pigeons are watching the family watch football through the windows, but when you look at what they’re actually watching, it’s a scene from Any Given Sunday 🤣, which is such a funny self-own. It’s like “DirecTV, we’re currently missing a LOT of live football, but we have movies about football!”

View attachment 642551

Sht man that's dam impressive that you recognized that. I'm not even joking . The shark gave it away but it was like 3 seconds.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sht man that's dam impressive that you recognized that. I'm not even joking . The shark gave it away but it was like 3 seconds.
Thanks, it’s probably from the same weird mental illness where I can see somebody in a bit part in a TV show and spit out their entire IMDB profile to my wife.

She loves it.***

• Haha
Reactions: Fritz! and MSUDOG24

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
when you look at what they’re actually watching, it’s a scene from Any Given Sunday

The NFL won't let them use actual NFL game footage in the ads.

A year or two ago the NFL made Directv change Dak's jersey color from Blue to Purple in the commercial because the blue jersey looked like the Cowboys uniform.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login