Discuss

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Anyone in the area with a 15 to 22 year old daughter that wants to be a 'Silverette', tryouts are are next Saturday!

...tryouts are at the Sportsplex in town...the place that Travis Outlaw donated some money to help build. Guessing thats where games will be played too?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
My main comment - I implore anyone to explain to me (or anyone John Q. Public) why I should cheer or pay money to watch this team, or any semi-pro team?

If you don't have the best players, or are not affliliated with a league that has the best players, this shlt doesn't work. You have to have fandom/tribalism to make this work. College is slightly different but still generally the best players available at that age group, and affiliated with schools.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Anyone in the area with a 15 to 22 year old daughter that wants to be a 'Silverette', tryouts are are next Saturday!

...tryouts are at the Sportsplex in town...the place that Travis Outlaw donated some money to help build. Guessing thats where games will be played too?
15 year old girls… dancing… for male athletes that are in their 20s and 30s…

What could possibly go wrong?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
So many questions.

First of all.....silverbacks? Woof.

Next, where do they play? If I overlooked this in the article, my bad

I have other questions but I'll start there.
The video showed them, looked like the Starkville Yellowjackets Gym.
And said something about the Starkville Sportsplex.

Reactions: Drebin

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Reading this thread reminds me of the Pittsburg State Gorillas, a relatively small university in southeast Kansas. In my opinion, they have the greatest nickname in all of collge sports.

Also, my friend John Bewley graduated from there and played on the men's basketball team, making the all-conference team in 1953-54 (second team). Bewley and I refereed many games together at Broadmoor back in the 90s. Those were the days. Bewley passed away many years ago, and I miss my friend . . . but I always have a smile on my face everytime I think of him.

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There was an ABA team that played in the Landers Center in Southaven back in the early 2000s. I think they were called the Hound Dawgs.

patdog

May 28, 2007
So many questions.

First of all.....silverbacks? Woof.

Next, where do they play? If I overlooked this in the article, my bad

I have other questions but I'll start there.
There's a minor league soccer team named the Atlanta Silverbacks. I don't like the name either, but
It's not the first time the name's been used..

Atlanta Silverbacks were a minor league soccer team. Still a stupid name though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login