Do we go back to the Air Raid for the last two games?

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
The OL has been playing the new scheme for 10 games. Doubt they revert back to the old in a week. Granted, they haven't played the new one all that well.

Maybe more of Barbay's playbook that trends more like it - ala USC game, maybe.

Reactions: josebrown

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
But.....but.......Arnett said we were running air raid concepts in the Barbay Raid offense.

Really doesn't matter. Our offensive mindset all season is to let the other teams score and hope they kick it short to us.

Reactions: Dawgg

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I'll sit back and listen.

You need to re-read what you wrote and see how it makes sense in any way. What do you see on the current and remaining staff that makes you think it even plausible to "re-invent" the air raid for the last two games of the season?

Reactions: patdog

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
Supposedly Will will be playing but Barbay is still calling plays so who knows what kind of offense we see. Whatever we see it’s likely to be offensive.

Reactions: knock him out john

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I suspect it will look as much like South Carolina game as possible. If we can get enough blocking etc. And if so that will prove that Arnept was throttling down the offense. But that game looked like no other game we have played this year

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I want to see Will shuttle every inept tight end we have off the field pull on an extra wide receiver and run a check with me and change the play to whatever the hell that call was that stoops mentioned at leech's funeral!

patdog

May 28, 2007
No. We'll probably see a lot more of what we saw vs South Carolina though. Just remember, South Carolina's defense is bad and they weren't expecting us to throw the ball that much. Once they adjusted, they shut us down for the 4th quarter.

Reactions: josebrown

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Just been wondering lately, how many passes have our tight ends(or offensive linemen playing tight end) caught this year? Any?

Reactions: MaroonCrusader

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm just wondering if Selmon goes modified air raid moving forward for a coach. He's ou blood but played at wake. I wonder what he is thinking and conserving

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I'm just wondering if Selmon goes modified air raid moving forward for a coach. He's ou blood but played at wake. I wonder what he is thinking and conserving
Hopefully Selmon isn't hiring anyone based solely on "scheme". He needs to find the right HC to lead us forward and make us better for the next 5 - 6 years before he gets hired away by a bigger name program.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
I doubt he's restricting it to the AR, but his history makes me think there's a better than average chance we end up with a modified version.

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
Yep, we made all the coaches get "Air Raid Certified" this week. Brought in Tony Franklin and Hal Mumme. We been repping mesh, y cross, shallow, and 4 verts all week. Gonna be fun!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Barbay is coaching for a job next year. Not at MSU, but he lacks experience and what he does have SUCKS!

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I am curious to see how much of the disjointed play calling was because of Zach Arnett's meddling. Greg Knox is an offensive coach, so maybe we'll see a little more coherence in terms of what we're trying to do.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I hear we’re going all in on the triple option.
With Griffin and Thomas that might work against USM. Hell one of them will probably break a jet sweep or double reverse for a TD against USM.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
To a degree, but flawless execution makes up for a lot. Attention to detail at all times also helps a LOT.
One of the biggest indictments against our coaches. In game 10, we had 4 pre snap penalties on offense in the 1 st quarter. That just can’t happen. Actually there are lots of other indictments just as big, but that one says a lot right there.

Reactions: L4Dawg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If we can get enough blocking etc. And if so that will prove that Arnept was throttling down the offense.

Now that's funny. Arnept had his arms folded on the sidelines completely checked out. Barbay can't blame his shatty offense on him. This is all on the McElwain trained coach.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I am curious to see how much of the disjointed play calling was because of Zach Arnett's meddling. Greg Knox is an offensive coach, so maybe we'll see a little more coherence in terms of what we're trying to do.
Wondering about this too. Barbay seemed to be good elsewhere so what is it here that makes the offense so mediocre? Could he not adjust or was it interference from Arnett.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The OL has been playing the new scheme for 10 games. Doubt they revert back to the old in a week. Granted, they haven't played the new one all that well.

Maybe more of Barbay's playbook that trends more like it - ala USC game, maybe.
Maybe the problem is the OL has been running the air raid and everyone else is running whatever barbay has been trying to do*****

Just let Will play and call the plays from the huddle. Couldn’t be any worse. It’s been nearly a month since our last offensive touchdown

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
If will is playing, let him be on field play caller. You know he isn't calling anything for a naked bootleg.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Barbay seemed to be good elsewhere so what is it here that makes the offense so mediocre?

We've been "mediocre" maaaaybe one game this season and still lost, South Carolina, which was 7-6 in Beamers first year, 8-5 2nd year and currently a 4-6 team like us so 1 game above .500 for Beamer w/ KY and Clemson left. And now, the Clarion Ledger has run an article connecting him to our opening.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Personally I think thats what was going on in the SC game but everybody said that was stupid. I think Will said "get ready Tulu I'm hitting you every play bro. We gonna score some points like we used to" but I guess that is a far fetched idea. But Arnept was definitely meddling in the offense having him go more conservative. He said so himself at least once

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login