Do we know

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
First of all, there was a reason why I wasn’t as worried as the rest of y’all were. I didn’t know if I should have faith in the A.D., but I had an idea that something was going to happen after all the craptastic games we played.

I hope whoever comes in next will take a look at the existing staff and their possibilities before making a decision. The fact that we went ahead and made a decision now makes me feel a lot better about the future.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I hope we are smart enough to hire a good head coach and let him bring in his own people period. Coach Bump ain't special and we don't need to build another coaches staff again
The Rock Shut Up GIF

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I hope we are smart enough to hire a good head coach and let him bring in his own people period. Coach Bump ain't special and we don't need to build another coaches staff again
Yea, if you hire a legit head coach you don’t start telling him who he has to have on his staff, that’s how Peterson got his foot in the door and we see how that ended up.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would like to keep some of those coaches, but I want the HC they hire to have his own staff. He does need a few who knows Mississippi when it comes to recruiting.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
I agree. Let the new coach make all of those. I think Hughes and Turner, plus Knox would be positive additions if they could be reatined.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

I would love to keep JJ and get Stonka back but let's just say Chadwell is the guy. You know he is gonna bring his whole staff with him most likely. Which is probly the same staff he had at Coastal Carolina. You can't tell him to fire his guy that knows his system over one recruit. That would be dumb. I get your point tho. JJ will be great

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
any coach worth having is not going to accept dictates from the AD on retaining existing staff. The truth is your program is crap at the moment--your situation only worsens if you tack on asst coaching stipulations.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

Irondawg75

Oct 4, 2023
i like bump but if the new coach wants his own WR coach, (which he probably will) he should bring his own WR coach.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
When doing interviews, I think they should be telling the coaches that you are free to hire your own choices, but we would like you to look at the following people when interviewing for positions.: Knox, Hughes, Bump and Turner. If you have someone better then you are free to hire them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login