Do we still have to talk nice to Sam Purcell?

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
or nah? Regardless of what happens this year, I think he's not in any danger, but the pressure will be on for him to produce next season.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Can anyone explain the zone we would run at times? It doesn’t appear to be a box and 1. It looks like a 2-3 but then a guard will just randomly follow someone to the other side. Regardless it wasn’t good today.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
He needs to win some damn games next year. But, at the end of the day, it's women's basketball. Hard for me to get too worked up over much of anything there. I was a big fan of the two Final Four teams. But once that core group of players graduated, it's just hard to care.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He needs to win some damn games next year. But, at the end of the day, it's women's basketball. Hard for me to get too worked up over much of anything there. I was a big fan of the two Final Four teams. But once that core group of players graduated, it's just hard to care.
Yea I could care less. I haven’t watched a full women’s basketball game in my life.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yea I could care less. I haven’t watched a full women’s basketball game in my life.
Thanks for letting us know. We will add you to the list

The Office Ryan GIF

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
or nah? Regardless of what happens this year, I think he's not in any danger, but the pressure will be on for him to produce next season.

He brought in what appeared to be a great transfer class and some nice freshman to add to two All SEC players. It looked like it worked out well 7 games ago and now it looks awful.

They didn't just lose games they weren't supposed to. They lost them by double digits.

Assuming he is losing Carter and Jordan, it's now a complete rebuild. Serious pressure is on him.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We were already part of the last four in and A&M was part of the first four teams out according to Charlie Creme, so you have to think this probably ensures they take our spot. We're down to 46 in NET and they're at 43 and that was before today.

I know it's not a direct this for that and it's technically a Q1 loss, but that feels like the nail in the coffin.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We were already part of the last four in and A&M was part of the first four teams out according to Charlie Creme, so you have to think this probably ensures they take our spot. We're down to 46 in NET and they're at 43 and that was before today.

I know it's not a direct this for that and it's technically a Q1 loss, but that feels like the nail in the coffin.
With the way they are playing does it really matter? They seem to have given up on the season. If we do make the tournament it will be a one and done.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Seems like the same path our mens team is taking.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
He brought in what appeared to be a great transfer class and some nice freshman to add to two All SEC players. It looked like it worked out well 7 games ago and now it looks awful.

They didn't just lose games they weren't supposed to. They lost them by double digits.

Assuming he is losing Carter and Jordan, it's now a complete rebuild. Serious pressure is on him.
Hate to lose Jordan. Losing Carter is addition by subtraction. Montague will end up being a better post player.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Hate to lose Jordan. Losing Carter is addition by subtraction. Montague will end up being a better post player.
I don't hate losing Parke-Lane either. Too many times she has tried to take over a game late driving her little 4 foot 8 inch frame in amongst the trees and gets her crap blocked or travels when she gets trapped or turns it over.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
He couldn’t get his team to score more than 9 points in Q1 and only 12 in the Q2. I think we’re past talking nice.

Reactions: 85Bears

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Well you missed out on a lot of MSU sports fun when Vic was here. Those women’s teams were absolutely the most fun to watch, most well coached teams of ANY sport I’ve ever seen at State - minus the 2021 run to the National Championship in baseball.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I said from the beginning that these two are mirror images of each other. They diverted for a short period, but now they’ve both arced back toward the mean.
At least our men are losing to good teams and have beat the mediocre/bad ones. The women have lost home games to terrible teams down the stretch. It’s like after they lost the OT game at Ole Miss, they just gave up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login