Do you believe these numbers>

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Probably on the low side across all sports. The transfer portal is a bigger evil than NIL.

Probably is on the low side.

But the Portal is good because it means there’s freedom of movement. If people aren’t interested in staying at a college, then they can go.

Free agency EVERY year is NOT sustainable. Fan interest will eventually totally implode.

You must hate that piss-poor home attendance at Anfield. **

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
just for fun, I’ll play. Why is this a problem? There are way more adults than that in the job transfer portal.

Reactions: turkish

patdog

May 28, 2007
But you don’t have complete free agency every 6 months in the Premier League or any professional sport. You have players on multi-year contracts. A free agent is pretty rare.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Probably on the low side across all sports. The transfer portal is a bigger evil than NIL. Free agency EVERY year is NOT sustainable. Fan interest will eventually totally implode.
Pro sports was sagging and they fixed it with salary caps yet college doesn't have that nor contracts anymore and the geniuses in charge think it's sustainable despite obvious recent history.
just for fun, I’ll play. Why is this a problem? There are way more adults than that in the job transfer portal.
Customers in the non sports world don't give a damn. They just want the best for less. If no changes are made to NIL and the portal tons of sports customers are gonna vanish.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
But you don’t have complete free agency every 6 months in the Premier League or any professional sport. You have players on multi-year contracts. A free agent is pretty rare.
Well, the difference between the Premier League and the NCAA is that folks in professional sports are employees and collegians are not so they can go if they’d like.

If you want student-athletes to be just like the pros, you got to employ them and have them sign contracts.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, the difference between the Premier League and the NCAA is that folks in professional sports are employees and collegians are not so they can go if they’d like.

If you want student-athletes to be just like the pros, you got to employ them and have them sign contracts.
I think if you want to save college sports, that’s exactly what needs to happen.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Why do we sell so many lottery tickets in this country? They are told they're gonna strike it rich with the next team and they believe it

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Probably is on the low side.

But the Portal is good because it means there’s freedom of movement. If people aren’t interested in staying at a college, then they can go.

They don't have free agency every year in soccer. That only happens at the end of a contract. The standard contract for players under 30 is usually 4 years.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

Glfr:
“Five thousand? Where do you see that? Is there a graph or CNN article outlining such a claim? And how do we know they’re all in the portal to transfer, or if they’ll simply shop some NIL money and remain where they are? These claims are ridiculous until all five thousand “transfers” line up for an actual count and slap me on the left cheek with a big meaty dickk as they file past.”

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Glfr:
“Five thousand? Where do you see that? Is there a graph or CNN article outlining such a claim? And how do we know they’re all in the portal to transfer, or if they’ll simply shop some NIL money and remain where they are? These claims are ridiculous until all five thousand “transfers” line up for an actual count and slap me on the left cheek with a big meaty dickk as they file past.”
GLFR is off his meds.

He claimed he watched the Sen Cruz video, then said there were no stats/numbers presented, when there were literally stats/numbers presented with charts/graphics.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
LMAO. I saw Jerruh on TV say if he had a GM doing as schitty uh job as he's been doing he'd fire him. Breaks my heart to despise the owner / GM of the team I've loved since I was a child and now has Dak. What a tasty Schit Sammich
The bad thing is they are just successful enough, so he doesn't feel he needs to fire himself. I guess we'll have to wait until he dies.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
My continued interest in college sports is basically just trying to enjoy as much as I can before it completely dies.

Looking forward ten years, there is close to zero chance college sports will be better than it was ten years ago.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login