Do you have any excitement left for the remainder of the season?...

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They need show that they can make some adjustments and move the ball and score some points. Too many 3-0 outs and just not moving the ball.

defense, they have to figure out how to scheme better to
At least stop the run. Load the box whatever. The staff needs to earn their pay checks and show some kind of adjustments. I knows we are in a talent void but I would say your secondary is probably better than your front 6 or 5 need to add a couple players in to help them out

Other wise no

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’m interested to see what happens tomorrow. Son has a xc race in the morning so we’ll be ~30 minutes late but still planning to attend the game. Although I suppose there’s a possibility I’ll be ready to turn the car around by the time we arrive on campus.

With the next two being on the road + an off week, it’ll be pretty easy for me to ignore college football for this weeks.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Saturday will be the only chance for a long time to see us maybe possibly be competitive. And that's only due to the incompetence of the opponent thus far. But I wouldn't put it past us to be the salve that keeps Napier employed one more seek.

After that it's #1, then #2 on the road. So it's going to get ugly real quick.
I think we're only favored in 1 game the rest of the way.

1 damn game to look forward to.

golferdog

Jan 1, 2024
Now that we are at rock bottom, I will be curious to watch 1. how the team holds up mentally and 2. if the coaches can make effective adjustments. I"m not expecting any more wins.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
For college football, sure. Wife's a Memphis grad, I'll be pulling against OM, and I'm definitely interested in seeing how the new CFP works out.

For State, nope, and I'll just leave it at that

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Honestly zero. I will loosely watch games in hopes of seeing entertaining big plays and improvement. But I will have no problem walking out or turning it off.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Excitement? Nope. But, there's still a glimmer of hope. I'm not sure what for, but it's there and I'll tune in Saturday. Hopefully, I'll make it through more than a quarter and a half this weekend.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I do not outside I want to see us improve offensively. Defense is what it is.
I have progressed to acceptance and indifference.

Live near Athens. Gone to every State FB game at UGA in the last 27 years except the 2020 covid game. Offered tickets to this year's game. Turned em down.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nope....and not much for the future. I don't like the direction the AD and football is headed. Long 2-3 years at minimum.

I am excited for basketball, but wet blanket of knowing Jans is out at the first opportunity.

I'll always be excited for baseball, although it's a big bleh at the direction of the program, especially as compared to our SEC peers.

And what REALLY sux is that we have things like this big gift, and Hardy getting on board with things, that we likely won't benefit from due to incompetence. Don't like the marketing of the AD either.

Overall, excitement around 10%, at best.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
First, I'm a lifelong State fan. Been here, done this, got the "Wait Til Next Year" tattoo.

My current feeling is, we'd better take the longview. This year is pretty much done - but that's kind of understandable. We have a monumental, unprecedented rebuild to do after Leach's death and - last year - so that requires at least a year or two... I'm here for that, not going to throw a temper tantrum and cry like a little bittch just because we aren't competitive this season. I'll still go to games and watch with interest for two things: improvement in coaching and effort in players, as others have outlined above.

Recruiting is looking up. That large gift yesterday was huge. That will all help in '25 and beyond. We suck this year. Will be better next year. Probably back bowling in '26 unless Lebby can make up some ground next year. Not the end of the world. Is what it is. I'll try to think of more cliches to add later, but that's how I am dealing with it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Excitement? Nope. But, there's still a glimmer of hope. I'm not sure what for, but it's there and I'll tune in Saturday. Hopefully, I'll make it through more than a quarter and a half this weekend.

That's about where I was last weekend, up until the Toledo game. Without a doubt, one of the most pathetic displays of MSU football in my 40 years, and there were more than a few players and coaches that I'd have had a hard time letting back in the building on Monday.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I am excited to see how the Egg Bowl goes.

If its a bloodbath, well ok then- the rest of the season likely was similar to last week and I move on quickly.
If its an upset, well hell yes that would be hilarious- it wouldnt change what will likely be a terrible season, but it would make me chuckle to see us get the upset on the road.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
Not really. Excitement was taken from me after the Arizona State game where I hoped we'd be pushing a 5 win season. All was lost after halftime of the Toledo game. I'm hoping recruiting picks up and I hope that we improve pre-snap offensively. Our defense seems outmatched at every position by every team we will play moving forward except (possibly) the non SEC opponents. It's a lost cause on that side of the ball in 2024.