!Doc outta here

Jobu1972

Nov 16, 2005
or is it just continuing speculation stated as fact? It seems incredibly likely given the numerous sources hearing similar things, but would love press conf., statement, announcement, anything rather than repeated rumor. We've got that part already.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006

</p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Since foglesong got caught not filing his outside income with the ethics committee (2 years late), I wonder if he fesses up to being a paid advisor to Obama?
if true.... i wonder it has something to do with all of the rumors

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006
I think this is another instance in which the whiniest element of an organization was allowed to dictate the agenda. I think instance such as these show the need for a lot of folks to stand up and be more vocal.

MSUArrowCS

Dec 19, 2006
Doc's leadership style was not conducive to leading a University. I'm a Doc supporter, actually, but you could see the writing on the wall. You can't have a "my way or the highway" attitude and expect people to just "get over it" when you override their decisions. You have to get them to buy in and support you - that's what leadership looks like in the real world, and it's different from leadership in the military.

To try and play it off as professors being whiny bitches is naive and largely overstating faculty discontent.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
We'll get someone like Droopy, aGAIN. At least Nuther T can post signs for her sorority sisters in front of the Union and the architects can post their pretty little pictures all over "their" building.

And why the hell would he support Osama? Osama will neuter the Armed Forces.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
doc's military style is often cited as not being used "in the real world" and that faculty are often cited as not working "in the real world" either. sounds like a deadly combination to me.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
While I am one of Doc's biggest critics, going through a search process is going to hurt this university again, as long as Tom Meridith is running it. He is the biggest Ole Miss hommer, and lets Robert Khayat dictate what he does. Plus, MSU does not handle the political thing very well, you have the aggies vs. the engineers vs. the other forces, in addition to the likes of Steve Holland, Jack Gordon, and so on saying what and what they wont accept....I just hope that we can find someone that appeases to both sides, but I dont know....People are relived on campus, his supporters and critics, but also afraid of who we might end up with.....

And yes, its true, Doc is supporting Obama and has been advising him for the past few months, as well as plans to be apart of his administration, if he is elected.

Bigohh

Feb 23, 2008
topdawg said:
He is flying down to Jackson, and we should expect an announcement around 2:00

Well, the plane he usually uses left Starkville around 10:30 and arrived Jackson Evers at 10:50</p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
the word is that there was a conference call yesterday with IHL and doc was "told" that there are some changes that need to be made. and his response...see ya. so he flew down today and will be flying back and addressing faculty senate at 2. crazy

lostdawg6

Jan 7, 2008
I don't think it is naive to think that people don't like to be held accountable for their actions or lack of. This should set us back a while.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Maybe he can pick up some trash on the way out.

Honestly, we can we finally have a university atmosophere that operates under a climate of fear and intimidation, and unnecessary people like professor's opinions don't matter. Maybe one day...

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
The people who work at MSU have allowed their dislike of Doc to hurt MSU. I have bosses I don't really like either, but I don't whine about it and try to get them fired. In the real world sometimes you have to bite things back for the greater good, and to be professional.

So he removed daffodils, told the architecture students to take their projects out of windows, and was abrasive. He also increased enrollment, got the campus looking better than ever, put a new emphasis on athletic success, and provided strong leadership for MSU. But, at MSU we are used to two things: *** kissing, soft spoken, spineless leadership and doing things the way we always have. Upset that balance and the powers that be will take you down. These people don't care about MSU.</p>

Croomcream

Apr 30, 2006
with the dog paw tat on her face! For a 4 star General Doc is a little GOOFY!!!! He never should be allowed to roam the sidelines, lol!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login