Does anybody but me

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Find it strange that we have a true freshman OL playing TE when we have plenty of linemen who dont have a redshirt to lose that could serve as an extra blocker? We play musical chairs running 6 or 7 different linemen out there randomly it seems. Just seems a 3rd year lineman might be a better extra blocker? Or does that make too much sense ?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seems to me like we have a lot of good wide receivers. I'd rather use them than a tight end in general (this year).

Quick hitting spread out passing offense. That's what we need to do. Wonder if Barbay really can adapt to his best players?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seems to me like we have a lot of good wide receivers. I'd rather use them than a tight end in general (this year).

Quick hitting spread out passing offense. That's what we need to do. Wonder if Barbay really can adapt to his best players?
Obviously not. Edited to expand on that thought. Seems to me our dudes were good enough to win 9 and yes we did lose a few good ones. But any team should have a few good ones set to step up. Yes it's a new scheme but how long does it take experienced players to pick it up ? Is it that complicated that it takes more than a spring and a fall to install ?

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Find it strange that we have a true freshman OL playing TE when we have plenty of linemen who dont have a redshirt to lose that could serve as an extra blocker? We play musical chairs running 6 or 7 different linemen out there randomly it seems. Just seems a 3rd year lineman might be a better extra blocker? Or does that make too much sense ?
It makes too much sense. I think they are going by the tight end label they put on him. it’s a meaningless distinction and it makes more sense to put a better blocker in there on those plays. but a lot of things I’m seeing don’t make sense.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Apparently dude is a great athlete and is probably going to be a high draft pick eventually. May as well play him before NIL gets him.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A great athlete ? He was playing tackle in high school last year. Ya think they threw him a lot of balls ??

Reactions: blitz2Win

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
A great athlete ? He was playing tackle in high school last year. Ya think they threw him a lot of balls ??
Yes and Nope. I'm not saying he should be playing TE, but I'm not watching practice. What I'm saying is the kid can move for a "tackle" and he's a great prospect. Yes, it's sad that we don't have a TE that can replace him, but it is what it is. Hopefully we pay him enough to stay and play left tackle.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

I FIND A LOT IS &TRANGE

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Arnett: We're sticking with the Air Raid
Also Arnett: 17 it, let's move to an offense that uses TEs. We have none on the roster so let's waste a scholarship OL and help UGA get rid of their useless one.

Reactions: patdog

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
He’s undersized and moves well. We don’t have another OL that moves like him. Also, if we put one of our better lineman there then it eliminates them from being able to play on the OL that game should something arise because they wouldn’t have an eligible lineman number.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login