Does anybody know if MSU football is ever going to get a nice trailer?

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
It is so embarassing that all the other SEC schools have a tractor trailer with nice signage promoting their school. MSU still uses U-Hauls on away games. I hope that is one of the first things Byrnes does for the football team. It can't cost that much to buy a trailer and put some cool signage on it, it would pay for itself in recruiting and just pride and moral for the team. The U-Haul trucks are so cheap and embarassing. Give me a damn break. Thank goodness cheap *** LT is on his way out.

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
A couple things. I'm really indifferent to the look of the transportation that we use to carry football gear, the image thing needs to be projected onto more important things.

it would pay for itself in recruiting and just pride and moral for the team.
That's hysterical. No doubt Chris Garrett and possibly C. Bumphis would sign on the dotted line today if we could have closed the deal on that sweet M-State mack truck the other day.

Also, thanks for changing you avatar.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I understand that an alumni benefactor gives the school the use of the Uhauls gratis.

SheltonChoked

Feb 27, 2008
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Dear <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Alum:</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">I am sending this letter to you for one reason and I want to be up front about it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I want $100 (one hundred dollars) or more of your money.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Make your check out to:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Greater Houston MSU Alumni Chapter and in the memo put "MSU Athletic Equipment Trailer Fund".<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Send it my attention at:</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>[Redacted]
</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">

All monies are tax deductible.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Most fundraisers go thru their spill and then ask for your money, I am not doing that.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Now here is what your money will be going toward:</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">MSU is the ONLY University in the SEC that does not have its own personalized trailer to transport football equipment to away games or band equipment to competitions. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>How cool will it be to be cheering our team's bus and equipment trucks on as they are leaving the opposing team's stadium with another victory under our belts and the last thing they see is a big BULLDAWG laughing at them from the side of an 18 wheel trailer.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Last week, thru several conversations between myself and key personnel in the Athletic Department on campus, we have secured a contribution of a new 18 wheel tractor and trailer from the McComb, Ms Peterbilt company.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Each year they have agreed to furnish us a new tractor.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I have taken the task for the MSU Houston Alumni Chapter to pay for the mural to be painted on the side.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> We need to raise approximately $15,000 to make this happen. All monies are tax deductible.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I have a call into the professor at MSU that heads up the Industrial Design department to see if maybe he will allow his students to assist in the graphic design.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> This will accomplish 2 things: 1) get student pride in seeing their project all over campus; 2) save several thousand dollars from having this done from an outside source.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I have also talked to the Athletic Department and got them started on a design for the sides of the trailer. "DONATED BY THE MSU HOUSTON ALUMNI CHAPTER" will be embossed on both sides of the trailer.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">We as an alumni chapter accomplished some incredible feats over the last several years and I am not sure that the MSU Alums in the</span> <span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Houston</span> <span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">area realize what has been accomplished by a small percentage of the membership.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> The Greater Houston MSU Alumni Chapter has endowed an annual academic scholarship, purchased cell phones for all coaches, purchased furniture for the new band hall, funded high school football coaching clinics, contributed to hurricane relief efforts in MS, AL, and FL, sponsored Bully and the MSU Cheerleaders during football season and have had several blood drives. Most of these things were funded by an annual golf tournament that takes a tremendous amount of volunteer time.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">I truly hope you assist me in getting behind this project.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> I need your feedback and checks as soon as possible.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Feel free to send more, if you can.</span></p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Doc may have painted it **** brown. Zing!

I go to a lot of games and I have never once noticed the other team's trailer. Maybe I was too busy cooking stuff I kill, drinking heavily, and staring at **** my wife won't let me have.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Stansfield said:
<h3>Does anybody know if MSU football is ever going to get a nice trailer?</h3>

the real question is if anyone besides you gives a damn.</p>

and really now, how can pride and morale pay for the cost of a tractor-trailer? whats the going rate for pride...$10 per ounce of pride?</p>

and what sort of recruit gives a **** about how stuff gets to other schools??? i would hate to have recruits that care about such a thing. that should be the absolute last thing a recruit cares about. they should be busy caring about 1.their chance to play 2.the success of the team 3. *****(can be 1 or 2) 4.campus life/school/coaches/pretty much anything else........4356.what MSU uses to haul **** to other schools.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login