Does Dak prepare too much and then stick to what he prepares for?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
What I mean by that is there was no creativity at all in that offense. He was forcing balls into places that GB was prepared for. Love was hitting open receivers by actually seeing the defense and creating openings with his legs, arm angle and touch. That offense looked alot like Will Rogers was running it. Slow , methodical, checkdowns. Lamb is so athletic and you constantly had him running short under curls.

And keep telling me how great Dan Quinn is while his defense couldn't stop anything.

Truly embarrassing.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
GB really jumped the double slant on the pick6. Guessing they saw it on film.

But, Dallas gave up 48. Dak had 60 pass attempts. There’s the ballgame.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Dallas has one WR, one TE, average OL, average RB on offense. The dink and dunk works when they have a lead, but not so much when they are behind.
Their Defense doesn’t get pressure with their front 4, so they are always rushing Parsons on passing situations .Their other LB’s are small and they only had one healthy DB. Their DBs and Safeties are scared of contact.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
It was just a few games ago that Lamb asked to get the ball more. So yes I think Dak was forcing it to him in particular. But you have to give it GB they played great D last night.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Hard to compare. Love was throwing to guys that were running in wide open spaces while Dak was trying to throw to guys that were covered up. Multiple times the color guy showed the replay asking where exactly Dak should have gone with the ball because nobody was open. The GB defense was just head and shoulders better than the Dallas D until the lead ballooned and they loosened up a bit.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
What I mean by that is there was no creativity at all in that offense. He was forcing balls into places that GB was prepared for. Love was hitting open receivers by actually seeing the defense and creating openings with his legs, arm angle and touch. That offense looked alot like Will Rogers was running it. Slow , methodical, checkdowns. Lamb is so athletic and you constantly had him running short under curls.

And keep telling me how great Dan Quinn is while his defense couldn't stop anything.

Truly embarrassing.
That's McCarthy to a T.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dak was definitely trying to force last night of where he wanted it to go to try to get completions to lamb but it but him in the butt. He wasn't seeing the field for crap last night. Green Bay did a good job on coverages too. Tight coverage on best receivers that's why Gallup got some balls because Dak started throwing to who was open rather than forcing it.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dak stunk it up in the first half, but Dallas's defense was worse. 0 sacks. 1 TFL. 1 PD. 3 QB hits. They got little pressure and made hardly any plays. They sucked.

Reactions: Chesusdog and HRMSU

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I just don’t think he has that clutch gene. You see guys that have it and guys that don’t. From weekend golfers to the biggest stage there are people that time and time again when put in the spotlight will go one of two ways. MJ, Tiger, The Thrill all had it, Dak, Greg Norman, and our hitters in the last two years did not. I don’t know what Dak did to prepare for the 14 Auburn game, but whatever it was he needs to find that space again.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

BR2Madison

Dec 20, 2013
If you look at their schedule and the only good team they beat was Detroit and that was because the Lions beat themselves. Dallas just wasn't any good. They are always hyped up because they are a big market team and they get a lot of eyeballs. Their coach sucks, Dak is now 2-5 in the playoffs and their owner is a micromanager. It is what it is.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If you look at their schedule and the only good team they beat was Detroit and that was because the Lions beat themselves. Dallas just wasn't any good. They are always hyped up because they are a big market team and they get a lot of eyeballs. Their coach sucks, Dak is now 2-5 in the playoffs and their owner is a micromanager. It is what it is.
They were the #2 seed. And Detroit didn’t beat themselves. There’s a lot of problems with Dallas, but let’s try to stick to things that are true.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I just don’t think he has that clutch gene. You see guys that have it and guys that don’t. From weekend golfers to the biggest stage there are people that time and time again when put in the spotlight will go one of two ways. MJ, Tiger, The Thrill all had it, Dak, Greg Norman, and our hitters in the last two years did not. I don’t know what Dak did to prepare for the 14 Auburn game, but whatever it was he needs to find that space again.
Dak has to get off to a good start. It’s always been that way for him. Heard it a million times this year - they win if they score first or whatever.

But that’s how he’s been going back to college. If he has a rough 1st quarter it’s going to be bad. See egg bowls, 2014 Bama, all 2015 losses, orange bowl - couldn’t get anything going early. Compare to big games he won in college. Came out and scored early. Most of those 2014 wins we had 2-3 TDs in first quarter. If he starts hot he gets in a groove and is as good as anyone. But bad first couple of possessions and it’s game over. It’s like he starts thinking too much of things don’t go smooth, and as others have said already - forces things.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
It was clear the game plan was simply to get the ball to CeeDee as often as possible and GB said, well we're going to take that away. Dallas had no plan for "what if they double CeeDee on every single play" so Dak just kept forcing it. He finally started looking for other options once the game was out of hand hitting Ferguson and Gallup a few times.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It was clear the game plan was simply to get the ball to CeeDee as often as possible and GB said, well we're going to take that away. Dallas had no plan for "what if they double CeeDee on every single play" so Dak just kept forcing it. He finally started looking for other options once the game was out of hand hitting Ferguson and Gallup a few times.
Good plan. They also put Alexander on Cooks and took him out of the game too. The Boys only other options are Fergeson up the seam and have Gallup run around pretending to still be an NFL WR.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

patdog

May 28, 2007
Whatever flaws Dak has, have you ever known a team that could make a deep playoff run that can't run the ball and can't stop the run? Getting whipped at the LOS is a much bigger issue for Dallas than anything else including Dak's poor performance.
It’s like Jackie always said. You have to be able to run the ball & stop the run. Even in todays pass happy game, it’s still true.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Truly embarrassing.
I don’t know what to think because last night seemed like Dallas playoff Deja vu, but I agree on both points. Offense looked like they were trying to force plays all night, and I love Dak, but he just wasn’t seeing the field yesterday.

Meanwhile, that defense was a complete embarrassment all night long. Green Bay’s first 7 drives resulted in 6 TDs and a punt, and it’s not exactly like the Packers were having work for those points. They didn’t even pretend to show up

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I don’t know what to think because last night seemed like Dallas playoff Deja vu, but I agree on both points. Offense looked like they were trying to force plays all night, and I love Dak, but he just wasn’t seeing the field yesterday.

Meanwhile, that defense was a complete embarrassment all night long. Green Bay’s first 7 drives resulted in 6 TDs and a punt, and it’s not exactly like the Packers were having work for those points. They didn’t even pretend to show up
The packers averaged 9.5 yards on first down. That’s as far as you have to look to see why Dallas lost.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

I think Dak was seeing the field alright but for the most part of the first 3 quarters the GB defense seemed to have most everything covered up. It was almost like the GB secondary knew the Cowboy routes being run better than the Cowboy receivers. I mean the options for Dak was to try and force the ball into a tight window or eat the ball for a sack. I don't remember seeing any replays that showed a Cowboy receiver running free and Dak just didn't find him. Everything I saw showed a GB defender running right with every Cowboy receiver that was out on a route. On the other hand, the reason Love could complete a bunch of passes throwing off his back foot was that he had WRs with no defender within 10 yards. That kind of space makes everything a whole lot easier.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login