Does this opinion change your opinion on Lemonis?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
No it doesnt. I still think he needs to go but he probably bought another season

Last edited:
Reactions: WilCoDawg

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
This would be like Moorhead keeping his job in 2019 because he won the egg bowl, only to be fired a little over a month later. Except Lemonis wouldn’t be able to continue to show his ineptitude before and during a bowl game and he’d continue to dismantle this program

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We still got run ruled this weekend. We also gave up 13 today. let's not get crazy. At one point today lsu had a huge lead. I'll give it to the players for not quitting. We still have a lot of problems. If anything, gautreaux has maybe proven his worth to be kept. we can at least hit. Fielding base running pitching outside of maybe three guys has been abysmal

Last edited:

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
We have too many "prisoner of the moment" fans. Today's win, while nice to see, doesn't erase the fact we're last in the league in ERA and fielding percentage. It doesn't erase that we gave up 29 runs this weekend and 31 runs last weekend and 33 the weekend before that. It doesn't erase the number of times we have been run ruled this season, including the first game of this series. The Jekyl and Hyde nature of this team falls squarely on the man being paid a nice salary to lead this team. A new pitching coach isn't fixing all of the issues that this team has.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not at all.

When Foxhall was let go, it became implicitly understood that Lemonis has next season.

And this season’s RPI is 43 so far compared to last season’s 106 and the nonconference RPI is 38 compared to last year’s 174.

It’s a disappointing season but statistically the SEC might just be the second toughest conference in the United States behind MLB.

TLDR - He has next year in hand.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Not at all.

When Foxhall was let go, it became implicitly understood that Lemonis has next season.

And this season’s RPI is 43 so far compared to last season’s 106 and the nonconference RPI is 38 compared to last year’s 174.

It’s a disappointing season but statistically the SEC might just be the second toughest conference in the United States behind MLB.

Euro 2016 No GIF by Sporza

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
But the problem is, as someone else said I think, this makes two years in a ROW of missing the SEC tournament.
That means we’re next to last or dead last in the SEC two straight years. Add in our embarrassing showing in Hoover in 2021 plus now we will have missed postseason two years in a row.
That to me is unacceptable for MS baseball.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not at all.

If he stays, I think this is what the administration will hang their hat on.

One question I would have is how does our fielding percentage look compared to other decent, but not SEC conferences. That's the biggest thing I can't get over. The pitching I can put on Foxhall and believe that a new coach will fix. The batting while not good, is ok and I can believe it's a talent issue. WHile that falls on lemonis, we do have some young bright spots and there is some hope for it to get better. If we were ok in the field, I could get on board with keeping him another year. But I just can't get over being last in fielding. So you are bad in pitching, not good at hitting, and bad at fielding, even with the RPI improvement, I just don't see the case for keeping him. Is base running spectacular? Recruiting doesn't seem to be. What can the administration look at and say, "that's where he's elite, that's why you keep him for another year." All I can come up with is if you give him a special team, he can push the right buttons and not 17 it up. That's certainly not nothing. But doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he can build that special team.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
But the problem is, as someone else said I think, this makes two years in a ROW of missing the SEC tournament.
That means we’re next to last or dead last in the SEC two straight years. Add in our embarrassing showing in Hoover in 2021 plus now we will have missed postseason two years in a row.
That to me is unacceptable for MS baseball.
I’ve since forgiven them for the 2021 SEC Tournament.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Nope. I said a week or so ago. You don't fire him because he is playing so many freshmen and we are competing. This team is about to turn the corner. Stay the course at least one more year.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean I’ve long believed he would probably be back next year. I started to get skeptical after the showing at home against Arkansas. But this weekend reaffirms my belief that he will most likely get 2024 with a new pitching coach as his one final chance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login