Does Zack go after a TE out of the portal?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
There are 2 in the portal from Georgia that are probly pretty good plus one from Utah that Bump might can influence. And it might be a good idea to flip Ty to RB. Linebackers we got plenty of imo

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
There are 2 in the portal from Georgia that are probly pretty good plus one from Utah that Bump might can influence. And it might be a good idea to flip Ty to RB. Linebackers we got plenty of imo
Ty is a future star at LB. We’ll be completely fine at RB. No need to move a potential all conference player to RB as a freshman to be 5th string.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I doubt he would be 5th string very long. We need more running backs for sure. We currently have a junior college guy and two known good backs. One of the known good backs is hurt at least twice a game as we used them last year.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I love when fans think it’s so easy for a linebacker to be RB or a RB to be linebacker or a big athletic qb to be wide receiver or TE.

so much knowledge.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I love when fans think it’s so easy for a linebacker to be RB or a RB to be linebacker or a big athletic qb to be wide receiver or TE.

so much knowledge.
Do you have any idea who I'm talking about ? He is a great RB. Also a great LB. There were questions where we would play him when he gets here.

Reactions: ServiceDogg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Well one thing we can sell them is playing time. Come to Mississippi State and you can start. You'll literally be the only tight end on the roster.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Have to get a bunch of tight ends. Need to get qb too. I would look at a few bigger backs in portal. Woody is tough. Pittman is good. But never hurt to get a premier back that can run between tackles a lot

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I love watching a great TE dominate a game. A thing of beauty I've missed out on way too much as a STATE Fan. The problem though is they are such a rare commodity combining OL blocking skills with good receiver hands.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
His name is Ty Jones. If you look at hishigh school production he was outstanding playing both positions. Do you not follow football or are you just trying to be an a**hole ?
Montrell Conner
Clarence McDougal
Pig prather

I could go on for days.

you have no idea what position they should play or how good their college career will be.

if Ty Jones doesn’t succeed at RB, you’ll say he should have been a LB.
If he doesn’t succeed at LB, you’ll say he should have been a RB.
or most likely if he doesn’t succeed at all you’ll never mention him again.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Montrell Conner
Clarence McDougal
Pig prather

I could go on for days.

you have no idea what position they should play or how good their college career will be.

if Ty Jones doesn’t succeed at RB, you’ll say he should have been a LB.
If he doesn’t succeed at LB, you’ll say he should have been a RB.
or most likely if he doesn’t succeed at all you’ll never mention him again.
That’s not true. Dak Prescott has not succeeded at being an NFL TE but we talk about him all of the time.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Sounding like there’s a chance he may need to find a starting-level qb to come with him

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. Its starting to look like a couple TE and another RB might not be our most pressing problem. We might need several new pieces. Apparently these guys were not impressed with Barbay Q

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah. Its starting to look like a couple TE and another RB might not be our most pressing problem. We might need several new pieces. Apparently these guys were not impressed with Barbay Q
Oh well.hundreds of players have entered the portal and gone nowhere or transferred and not started or transferred the next year. New age of football apparently. Zach's jobs to get in portal and find replacements.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login