Don't drop your candy in the sand Bulldogs.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
It is so commonplace for us to get to this point in any sport and then blow it. We cannot lose this game tonight. Period. Auburn is going to attack us from the arc all night long, and when they are not I fully expect to see a lot of strong drives to the basket. The one thing you won't see is a lot of low block post ups.

If you watched Sunday you know that Lebo is starting his best five now with Reed on the bench and Hargrove in the lineup. To me there are a few keys. You have to make Barrett shoot off the dribble, not standing still. I guarantee he shoot 20% lower after a dribble. Also, if you are going to leave anyone on the perimeter, leave Tez. He is a lot of things, but a great shooter is not one of them. On the other end, same gameplan as before. Work inside out with Rhodes and JV and JG doing damage in the paint before worrying about threes. Try to get Prowell in foul trouble again like before, but at the very least make him work hard on defense to take away his legs on offense.

Maybe it's just the fear of losing to Auburn when I know how terrible they really are, but I am worried about tonight. A repeat of Saturday's effort won't do it.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
It's not uncommon for us to lose a game in the conference that we have zero business losing. We haven't done that yet this year. That leaves Auburn and LSU at home, both of which should be wins, and perhaps comfortable ones. But the jaded MSU fan in me tells me it's quite possible for us to lose either.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I agree. The LSU game has me alot more worried than the Auburn game. I still have a feeling that we can pull one out at Florida but not so much with Vandy.

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah, if we come out focused and pound it down low to Rhodes, we win by at least 10 tonight. Unless Auburn goes Ernest Shelton on us from behind the arch. Auburn is a little better than they are perceived, but there is NO excuse to drop this one.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________It is so commonplace for us to get to this point in any sport and then blow it_________________________________________________
********. What's common for us in basketball is to get to this point and then not blow it. In football and baseball we very rarely ever get to this point in the first place.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________there is NO excuse to drop this one_________________________________________________
That's what has me concerned.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________ there is NO excuse to drop this one. _________________________________________________

and no excuse for losing to SC last year at home. But we did it. I think we take care of business, but you never know

patdog

May 28, 2007
Other games there's no excuse for:

Belmont over Alabama
South Carolina over Arkansas in Fayetteville
LSU over Florida in Tallahassee
Gardiner Webb/Houston/San Diego/UAB over Kentucky
Auburn over Mississippi in Oxford
UNC-Ashville over South Carolina

Point is, in a 30 game schedule, most teams are going to lose a game or two they shouldn't. The ones who don't are usually either top-10 teams or suck and therefore don't have many games they "should" win.

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________LSU over Florida in Tallahassee_________________________________________________
Normally I'd let this go, but for God's shake you should know the location of every SEC school. Especially one that's won 3 national Championships over the past 2 years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login