Don't get me wrong I'm proud we won, but.....

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We were head and shoulders better than this team. Had we committed to the run, this would have been a 45-17 type victory with our foot on their throat from the mid-second quarter on. Our Oline was whipping them every which way but loose. That is what is frustrating about this season, we could easily be 10-2. I'm happy with 8-4 (my prediction was 7-5/8-4), but with a little tweaking to the offense, we could have a special season next year.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We were head and shoulders better than this team. Had we committed to the run, this would have been a 45-17 type victory with our foot on their throat from the mid-second quarter on. Our Oline was whipping them every which way but loose. That is what is frustrating about this season, we could easily be 10-2. I'm happy with 8-4 (my prediction was 7-5/8-4), but with a little tweaking to the offense, we could have a special season next year.
10-2… easily. Riiiiight

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

I thought 10-2 was our ceiling if everything went right....it didn't and we are 8-4. I'll take it.

I also thought 6-6 was our floor if bad things happened and snowballed....bad things happened but we were able to bounce back better than in the past.

This team met my expectations but you are right if we hang on in Death Valley and keep our second half lead at KY 10-2 was on the table. Ultimately I look at that as more of a positive than a negative because if that becomes the new norm it's going to be really fun around here and we'll get some 10 win seasons.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Who wins the West if we had beaten LSU and KY with everything else playing out like it is?

Bams 6-2 losses to Tenn and LSU
LSU 6-2 Losses to Tenn and Miss State
MSU 6-2 Losses to GA and Alabama.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I would say the o line whipping *** up and down the field, or whatever, is a bit of a stretch. They did play well at times but it was not consistent. The defense won that ball game for us, no need to get into the analytics that was pretty simple to see.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There were several times they rushed three or four and our five got beat. Of course our qb didn't do much to help them out. I think when we went to two back set and ran more it helped the pass game. We don't get that td to RaRa if we don't commit to the run that drive. We also played better in tempo with quick throws right before half. Don't know why we don't do that all game.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
If the defense doesn’t play so well - we’d be furious. Another Egg Bowl L, 335 total yards, 3 turnovers (plus TG fumble recovery).

But, the defense played extremely well. It’s like deodorant. Covers up alot of sins.
The defense is 100% the reason we won. They held Lane’s offense to the fewest rushing yards in his 3 years he’s been at OM.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There were several times they rushed three or four and our five got beat. Of course our qb didn't do much to help them out. I think when we went to two back set and ran more it helped the pass game. We don't get that td to RaRa if we don't commit to the run that drive. We also played better in tempo with quick throws right before half. Don't know why we don't do that all game.
I'm referring to mostly run blocking, but most of those sacks were on Will. He holds the ball too long, has zero pocket awareness and can't move well back there. Plus the defense is in no way concerned with his running, so they don't have to maintain lane discipline.

No doubt the D won this game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
debbie downee.gif

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We were head and shoulders better than this team...

I quit reading right here.

There's not a poll anywhere of any kind leading into this game that says we were head and shoulders better than Ole Miss and the game played out on the field like the toss up it was on paper.

Respectfully, your opinion is complete BS only supported by other BS.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

There's not a poll anywhere of any kind leading into this game that says we were head and shoulders better than Ole Miss and the game played out on the field like the toss up it was on paper.

I think that is the strategy of the Leach haters. Downgrade every team on our schedule so if we lose to them or even win a close game, it’s an indictment on Leach for not winning or not winning by a larger margin. That way, they can criticize him regardless. I mean, there are people here saying Alabama isn’t very good. A team that would be ranked #1 in the country except for losing two games on the last play by a combined four points.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It never fails that fans will always say “well, we coulda / shoulda been 1-2 wins better than we were”. Newsflash - outside of maybe 1 or 2 teams in all of college football per year, nobody wins every game that they can win. Hell, sometimes even national champions lose games they should win along the way.

Case and point for MSU, here are the “shoulda wons” since 2009:

2009 - LSU, Houston
2010 - Arkansas
2011 - @Auburn, USC
2012 - @Ole Miss
2013 - @Auburn
2014 - @Ole Miss, GT
2015 - LSU, Ole Miss
2016 - @kentucky, South Alabama, BYU
2017 - Ole Miss
2018 - Florida, maybe @uk
2019 - multiple
2020 - Arkansas, @uk
2021 - LSU, Memphis
2022 - @uk

Its an every year thing. We’re always going to drop one or two we could have won. You have to look at the whole body of work though.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I'm not inferring that we have more talent, but on Thanksgiving night we were head and shoulders above. If that game is played 10 times, it would probably be split 5 games each.

If we had only committed to the run their D line would have rolled over by the 4th quarter. That would opened the passing game even more.

Reactions: pmack3641

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not inferring that we have more talent, but on Thanksgiving night we were head and shoulders above. If that game is played 10 times, it would probably be split 5 games each.

If we had only committed to the run their D line would have rolled over by the 4th quarter. That would opened the passing game even more.

Our running backs were completely gassed and beat up by the end of that game. They had 35 touches between them and Marks probably shouldn't have even been on the field most of the game.

We didn't have the ability to commit to the run anymore than we did.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We should have beat them by 14 more points or at least 10 if we had not fumbled at the goal line. We were absolutely not dominating their D line but we did enough. We needed another fresh back and maybe we could have ran it down their throat at will. But we won so I'm happy

patdog

May 28, 2007
It never fails that fans will always say “well, we coulda / shoulda been 1-2 wins better than we were”. Newsflash - outside of maybe 1 or 2 teams in all of college football per year, nobody wins every game that they can win. Hell, sometimes even national champions lose games they should win along the way.

2009 - LSU, Houston
2010 - Arkansas
2011 - @Auburn, USC
2012 - @Ole Miss
2013 - @Auburn
2014 - @Ole Miss, GT
2015 - LSU, Ole Miss
2017 - Ole Miss
2019 - multiple
2020 - Arkansas, @uk
2021 - LSU, Memphis
2022 - @uk

Its an every year thing. We’re always going to drop one or two we could have won. You have to look at the whole body of work though.
You can do the same thing with the “could have lost” games and you’d get pretty much the same story. Fact is, you are what your record says you are.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Those running backs are banged up. I can’t say whether Leach would have allowed more running plays if Woody and DJ were 100% but had he called more in their current health, they would have both been out by halftime.

Reactions: She Mate Me

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Who wins the West if we had beaten LSU and KY with everything else playing out like it is?

Would have come down to a coin flip. Wow.

Aug 3, 2011

I went way down the rabbit hole with this and unless I missed something obvious, we would have gone to the SEC Championship game. It made it all the way to the cumulative SEC record of non divisional SEC opponents and Georgia/UK combined for more SEC wins than Tennessee/Vandy and Tennessee/Florida.

Makes it sting just a little more.

Reactions: GloryDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

2009 - LSU, Houston
2010 - Arkansas
2011 - @Auburn, USC
2012 - @Ole Miss
2013 - @Auburn
2014 - @Ole Miss, GT
2015 - LSU, Ole Miss
2017 - Ole Miss
2019 - multiple
2020 - Arkansas, @uk
2021 - LSU, Memphis
2022 - @uk

Don't you kinda odd how Kentucky keeps popping up on that list in the past few years?

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
wr0ng. &TATE was slightly better on that particular night NOT HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE 0ld piss. im 17ing glad we beat those bassturds but this wasnt close to being a slam dunk win. lets be thankful we got the damb egg back where it belongs

donut belive how this fan base has turned into the ORIGINIAL HOUSEWIVES FROM THE DELTA

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Those running backs are banged up. I can’t say whether Leach would have allowed more running plays if Woody and DJ were 100% but had he called more in their current health, they would have both been out by halftime.
Why not get Price some touches? There are some around the program who think he has a lot of upside. With Woody and DJ coming back (?), will he come back?

Reactions: fieldcorporal

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Why not get Price some touches? There are some around the program who think he has a lot of upside. With Woody and DJ coming back (?), will he come back?
I haven’t noticed Price producing as much. Could be limited touches or something else. Can’t really answer your questions. Just pointing out that health has been an issue with RB’s since first half of the Kentucky game.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I'm referring to mostly run blocking, but most of those sacks were on Will. He holds the ball too long, has zero pocket awareness and can't move well back there. Plus the defense is in no way concerned with his running, so they don't have to maintain lane discipline.

Will definitely ran himself into two of those sacks doing his typical exit stage right. He stopped doing that later in the game and things were much better. He hasn’t peaked yet if he works on his pocket presence during the off season. It looks like he hasn’t spent much time thinking about it, hence the panic.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Will definitely ran himself into two of those sacks doing his typical exit stage right. He stopped doing that later in the game and things were much better. He hasn’t peaked yet if he works on his pocket presence during the off season. It looks like he hasn’t spent much time thinking about it, hence the panic.
I agree, I hope in the offseason he works on stopping overthinking it and letting it fly downfield. Yes, it will result in more INTs, but hopefully, big plays and losing up the D will more than offset those. I'd love to see some wildcat formations too.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad my wife has a set of god given 36 DD’ s but if her nipples were pointed a few degrees more towards center. They’d be damn near perfect.

When I'm dealing with 36 DD's, I find them most attractive when the nipples are pointing out to the side and moving...

Can ya smell what I'm cookin'?!?!!!

Reactions: Dawgbite

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017

2009 - LSU, Houston
2010 - Arkansas
2011 - @Auburn, USC
2012 - @Ole Miss
2013 - @Auburn
2014 - @Ole Miss, GT
2015 - LSU, Ole Miss
2017 - Ole Miss
2019 - multiple
2020 - Arkansas, @uk
2021 - LSU, Memphis
2022 - @uk

Ole Miss is the team who should be disappointed and doing the coulda woulda's in 2013 and 2016. They had a better team than us every year between 2012-2016 (maybe even 17 - they were just a mess due to Freeze).

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad my wife has a set of god given 36 DD’ s but if her nipples were pointed a few degrees more towards center. They’d be damn near perfect.
This 1669523548493.png without 1669523588387.png is 1669523644578.png

Attachments

• 1669523481989.png
    1669523481989.png
    529.4 KB · Views: 0

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Some of the sacks were on will.
Some both.
Some on the oline only where they D end got immediate pressure.

we should have ran outside on first down more. Had the edge A LOT.

Aug 3, 2011
I went way down the rabbit hole with this and unless I missed something obvious, we would have gone to the SEC Championship game. It made it all the way to the cumulative SEC record of non divisional SEC opponents and Georgia/UK combined for more SEC wins than Tennessee/Vandy and Tennessee/Florida.

Makes it sting just a little more.
Well if it makes anyone feel better, since LSU lost to Texas A&M, Alabama would have gone to Atlanta in the land of What Ifs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login