Down goes Vandy

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The citizens of Omaha rejoice that the Whistler won’t be in their town this summer.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The citizens of Omaha rejoice that the Whistler won’t be in their town this summer.

That was the one and only thing that made Omaha less than perfect last summer. Well that and one other obnoxious Vandy fan.

Story time - two older drunk Vandy fans came and sat down next to me at the first game with UT, before the rainout. He starts out with "I hope it's ok to sit here, and you won't call the cops on us like the last guy did." Not a good sign. Then he proceeds to loudly, very loudly, boo every play against MSU and yell for UT. Which was obnoxious, but whatever. Then he leans forward and yells right in the ear of a lady MSU fan with her family. She stands up and tells him to stop. He says a few more snide remarks to her. So then I tell him: "You know what man? You are not like the typical Vandy fan. Most of them have a little class. There are only TWO PEOPLE right here that everyone hates right now. You the drunk ******* and the Vandy whistler."

That shut him up and he left after about 5 more minutes to find another seat. I do believe the cops would have been called on him if he said anything else after that.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login