Drake just stole a NCAAT bid

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Drake beating Indiana state steals a bid. Drake gets the auto bid and Indiana state will almost without question still get into the field

Going to be an interesting week of scoreboard watching

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Drake beating Indiana state steals a bid. Drake gets the auto bid and Indiana state will almost without question still get into the field

Going to be an interesting week of scoreboard watching
Why, the haven't beaten but one team in the tournament- Drake

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Why, the haven't beaten but one team in the tournament- Drake
Indiana State is 27-5 and 26th in the NET. There’s no chance at all they don’t make it.

And if there’s even the slightest question about their bid worthiness, you can go ahead and put the #42 NET team with a losing conference record and home loss to mother17ing Southern University in the NIT, and don’t even worry about bringing said team up for an NCAA bid again until 2025.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Indiana State is in a rough spot being a bubble team that’s done with games while everyone else still gets to play next week.

They are extremely dependent on how other tourneys go. May end up in but need a lot of help. I think they are probably behind us in the pecking order due to the fact that they’ve beaten absolutely nobody and have a Q4 loss too. Hate it because they’d be more fun to watch than say, Virginia. But not sure ISU makes it.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Indiana State is 27-5 and 26th in the NET. There’s no chance at all they don’t make it.

And if there’s even the slightest question about their bid worthiness, you can go ahead and put the #42 NET team with a losing conference record and home loss to mother17ing Southern University in the NIT, and don’t even worry about bringing said team up for an NCAA bid again until 2025.
But that team is a tourney lock and pretty much a 3rd round sure bet.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Lunardi says they become last 4 in then Drake gets into the field. Basically bumping someone out. Maybe it ends up being ISU, but we can’t afford too many Cinderella stories. Drake getting in isn’t a good start.

and yes I think end of day, Indiana state. Mid major. 27-5. Higher net than ours. Probably gets the nod, IMO

they did play at Michigan state and Alabama. Probably tough to find good teams for them to play. They are 5-5 in quad 1 and 2, we are 7-11. Personally, I think they deserve to be in.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Lunardi says they become last 4 in then Drake gets into the field. Basically bumping someone out. Maybe it ends up being ISU, but we can’t afford too many Cinderella stories. Drake getting in isn’t a good start.

and yes I think end of day, Indiana state. Mid major. 27-5. Higher net than ours. Probably gets the nod, IMO

they did play at Michigan state and Alabama. Probably tough to find good teams for them to play. They are 5-5 in quad 1 and 2, we are 7-11. Personally, I think they deserve to be in.

Like I said, their biggest problem now is they have no opportunity to better their case and everyone else does. It would’ve been better for us if they had won today because Drake wasn’t getting an at-large. But ISU is still very fringe so this result may not matter. No one really knows for sure yet.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Exactly. A 26 NET is in every 17ing time. Shít….that’s a 7-seed.

Well keep in mind that was before they lost today. And before other teams could make moves to pass them. They could easily end up in the 30’s and it may even be likely.

They are nowhere close to safely in. Might get in, yes. But if they do, won’t be by much. I think they are either in Dayton or not in at all.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Exactly. A 26 NET is in every 17ing time. Shít….that’s a 7-seed.
You do know the selection committee doesn’t go straight down the NET rankings and seed that way. It’s only one thing they look at when seeding. If Indiana State makes it in, it will be by the skin of their teeth.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
You do know the selection committee doesn’t go straight down the NET rankings and seed that way. It’s only one thing they look at when seeding. If Indiana State makes it in, it will be by the skin of their teeth.
Did they play southern and win? If so, we screwed.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Look I get that their net is solid, but look at this...

They have zero what I would call quality wins. Bradley? Drake?

Net is off on this one. Hell, Massey predicted they would lose to Drake today.

I'm not arguing for us. I just don't think their resume is better than ours.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Great. The Southern loss is starting to rear its ugly head
It’s been an albatross since the final buzzer. That was always gonna be the case with a Q4 loss.

And the Ga Tech loss has proven to have been as bad as it appeared to be at the time.

At this point, I’m more ready for it to be over than anything. I don’t see us doing anything significant in the postseason, and I hope we don’t go the NIT route. Too many seniors for it to be any benefit for next year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well keep in mind that was before they lost today. And before other teams could make moves to pass them. They could easily end up in the 30’s and it may even be likely.

They are nowhere close to safely in. Might get in, yes. But if they do, won’t be by much. I think they are either in Dayton or not in at all.
When I checked it was after their loss.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Indiana State at 29 today. Still good but they did drop.
I read something that was dated 2 years ago that said 35 I think was the highest NET to ever be left out. I know I’d trade places with them in a heartbeat. Weak conference or not, 27 wins means something.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s been an albatross since the final buzzer. That was always gonna be the case with a Q4 loss.
And the thing people seem to forget is that the committee doesn’t just see “Quad 4 loss” and just stop analyzing there. Southern was only a Quad 4 loss because there’s no such thing as a Quad 5 or Quad 6 loss, because that’s damn sure what it should be.

This is why comparing our resume to Indiana State and saying “Oooh see they has Quad 4 loss too!!!!” is so stupid. ISU lost at home to the #176 NET team. We lost at home to the #249 (!!!) NET team. An absolute chasm of difference between those 2 teams. That’s why their NET is what it is and ours is what ours is. If MSU somehow makes the field, I can almost guarantee you that loss to Southern will be the worst loss of any at-large team in the tourney….maybe ever since the NET was implemented. That’s how bad it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
And the thing people seem to forget is that the committee doesn’t just see “Quad 4 loss” and just stop analyzing there. Southern was only a Quad 4 loss because there’s no such thing as a Quad 5 or Quad 6 loss, because that’s damn sure what it should be.

This is why comparing our resume to Indiana State and saying “Oooh see they has Quad 4 loss too!!!!” is so stupid. ISU lost at home to the #176 NET team. We lost at home to the #249 (!!!) NET team. An absolute chasm of difference between those 2 teams. That’s why their NET is what it is and ours is what ours is. If MSU somehow makes the field, I can almost guarantee you that loss to Southern will be the worst loss of any at-latge team in the tourney….maybe ever since the NET was implemented. That’s how bad it is.

Are you an Indiana State fan? You are real determined to defend them for some reason. Basically every bracket expert out there has us ahead of them right now.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Are you an Indiana State fan? You are real determined to defend them for some reason. Basically every bracket expert out there has us ahead of them right now.
Of course not. But I’m not sure how accurate that statement is. Every “bracket expert” out there can get the field 95% correct. You or I could do the same thing. It’s not hard. Historically, they all are hit and miss for all the bubble teams….which both MSU and ISU clearly are.

Besides, Lunardi has us essentially equal with them. We’re the last team on the “Last 4 Byes” and they are the first team in the “Last 4 In” list. That’s a wash that could go either way. Of course….it won’t stay that way…because we’ll either win one or more or lose the first game in the SEC Tourney. But I stand by what I said that I’d trade places with them. They’ve very likely done enough to get a bid already, whereas we almost certainly have not. And history is on their side as it relates to the NET ranking.

Reactions: mstateglfr
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login