Drew Brees trying to walk that coach/gambler lifestyle

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm sure Drew Brees thought "Eh, what the hell? I'll just go volunteer assist my alma mater for a few months. What's the worst that can happen?"

I guess we know now why none of the Mannings have taken up coaching

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I'm sure Drew Brees thought "Eh, what the hell? I'll just go volunteer assist my alma mater for a few months. What's the worst that can happen?"

Do tell more….

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Do tell more….
It’s in the article, but long story short, Drew Brees took an interim assistant coach position with Purdue a few weeks ago.

He’s a brand ambassador and equity owner in a gambling site/sports book, which is apparently against the law in some states, namely New Jersey. He lost his endorsement deal with the sports book and all Citrus Bowl bets taken by the sports book after he took the Purdue job are null and void.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s in the article, but long story short, Drew Brees took an interim assistant coach position with Purdue a few weeks ago.

He’s a brand ambassador and equity owner in a gambling site/sports book, which is apparently against the law in some states, namely New Jersey. He lost his endorsement deal with the sports book and all bets taken by the sports book after he took the Purdue job are null and void.
Pretty sure that would be against the law in all states that have sports betting.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016

Do tell more about the Mannings…I meant…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login