Drink of choice for Monday's bowl game

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
With pre-game and an 11:00 start, I'm going with coffee, Irish coffee made with Tullamore Dew, the best Irish Whiskey for Irish Coffee. LSU buddies are coming over to watch the game and I'll have an extra TV on the LSU game (but only sound for State). Not sure what Leach's drink of choice was in Key West, but they agreed to a pre-kickoff Hail State and Hail Leach toast. Maybe a shot or two of Redbreast with a bit of water to sip on for the rest of the game. Hail State

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Bloody Mary’s made with Whiskey Willies, a celery stalk, olives, two hot peppers, Conecuh sausage and a anchovie to top it off. Bud lights about halftime and until we get the W.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
With pre-game and an 11:00 start, I'm going with coffee, Irish coffee made with Tullamore Dew, the best Irish Whiskey for Irish Coffee. LSU buddies are coming over to watch the game and I'll have an extra TV on the LSU game (but only sound for State). Not sure what Leach's drink of choice was in Key West, but they agreed to a pre-kickoff Hail State and Hail Leach toast. Maybe a shot or two of Redbreast with a bit of water to sip on for the rest of the game. Hail State
Water. I have to work Monday and I have to have a days rest after a day of drinking now.
I’ll be opening a bottle of woodford double oak in a couple hours though.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Jameson's Irish whiskey, Bailey's Irish Cream and coffee in my Irish coffee. Tullamore Dew is a good substitute but Jameson's is the stuff. We'll be sipping Glenfiddich straight. Michener's Bourbon on the rocks to change things up a little.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
In honor of CML a shot from my bottle of 21-year-old Appleton Estate rum. After that bloodies and beer.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Jameson's Irish whiskey, Bailey's Irish Cream and coffee in my Irish coffee. Tullamore Dew is a good substitute but Jameson's is the stuff. We'll be sipping Glenfiddich straight. Michener's Bourbon on the rocks to change things up a little.
Jameson's is good but Irish buddies introduced me to Tullamore Dew as the whiskey for Irish Coffee. It stuck but I won't turn one down made with Jameson's. Two sugar cubes, a jigger plus some of Tullamore Dew (to taste), stir, top with frothed heavy cream. Divine. I perfer Bailey's straight although I can see using it in iced Irish Coffee. BTW, Finn McCools in Nola has the best iced Irish Coffee I've ever had. That's a recipe I need.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Bloody followed closely by Old Fashions. Pass out at half. Wake up mid 4th up 42-21. Get a good night sleep and work. Wish i could have made it

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have heard the Leach’s everyday drink of choice was Apple Crown Royal but would venture out occasionally with a high end bourbon or tequila I’ll start the game with sweet tea and probably get an old cold beer by halftime

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login