Drinkwitz demands Leach in HOF

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Should be interesting to see Drink and his Mizzou Tigers along with the SEC's top QB roll into Starkvegas this fall. I hope we can hang with them.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
My understanding is all it would take is 1 win. It’s that close. Now remember his first year was Covid and he didn’t even get to have spring to install his offense. So radically different brand new system being installed in a few weeks of fall practice. Also no OOC games. Easily would be in if not for all the Covid mess.

Reactions: 85Bears

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
My understanding is all it would take is 1 win. It’s that close. Now remember his first year was Covid and he didn’t even get to have spring to install his offense. So radically different brand new system being installed in a few weeks of fall practice. Also no OOC games. Easily would be in if not for all the Covid mess.

He also lost 2 games that year that we were below the minimum threshold of players. At Georgia and the Liberty Bowl vs Texas Tech. He had every right to play the “no contest” card like everyone else was doing. But as only he could, he swung his sword.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He’s right of course. It’s the HOF loss. I’m sure a lot more people know who Mike Leach was than know the HOF even exists. I didn’t until I saw the threads here about Leach being 1 win short.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
He also lost 2 games that year that we were below the minimum threshold of players. At Georgia and the Liberty Bowl vs Texas Tech. He had every right to play the “no contest” card like everyone else was doing. But as only he could, he swung his sword.
Played Tulsa in Armed forces bowl in 20, it was 2021 when we played TT and had all the opt outs

Reactions: Bulldog from Birth

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It seems silly to not make an exception in his case. But there are always the irritating "we have rules, we must follow the rules always" crowd that prevents good things from happening.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I was thinking the two 2020 games we were short were UGA and the Egg Bowl.
Wasn't the UGA game where our plane sat on the tarmac while the SEC "encouraged" us not to cancel the game?

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I was thinking the two 2020 games we were short were UGA and the Egg Bowl.
Wasn't the UGA game where our plane sat on the tarmac while the SEC "encouraged" us not to cancel the game?
SEC didn’t force us into anything. Mike Leach wasn’t canceling a game because we only had 40-something players available.

I don’t recall the specifics of the 2020 Egg Bowl. Texas Tech Liberty Bowl was 2021, not 2020. But we absolutely could’ve opted out of that one also due to illness/Covid and player opt outs.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Tech, Wazoo & STATE. How many non HOF coaches match his wins at those schools? Give an extra win for classes taught I say.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Exactly, those two games would kick it over to a winning number by 1.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login