Eagles brotherly shove.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
What are the eagles doing different than every other team? It's unstoppable. Other teams are not as successful. The Eagles are doing something technique wise different and no other team can figure it out. Their whole o line gets 2 or 3 yards down field every time.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
What are the eagles doing different than every other team? It's unstoppable. Other teams are not as successful. The Eagles are doing something technique wise different and no other team can figure it out. Their whole o line gets 2 or 3 yards down field every time.
Hurts looks like he’s riding a conveyor belt into the end zone whenever they do that play.

Reactions: eckie1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They will find some reason to make it illegal next season or someone will get really badly hurt. That's a lot of humanity piled up in one little area.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
As good as the blocking is, Hurts is a freaking Mack truck with his legs. It’s a perfect storm….

Reactions: aTotal360

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
As good as the blocking is, Hurts is a freaking Mack truck with his legs. It’s a perfect storm….
It’s mostly the C and two G’s and LT
They are amazing at getting low and driving.
Hurts is great as well with some strong legs.

Reactions: eckie1

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
It’s a rugby scrum. They went and watched the New Zealand all blacks. Seriously. That’s all they’re doing.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
They have a QB that can squat 600 pounds

Reactions: WrightGuy821

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Is Jalen Hurts really that good? He seems to be regressing to the mean. Three losses in a row for the Eagles. Jalen threw for less than 150 yards and two INT.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Eagles are done
They’re in the playoffs as the 3 at worst but no what in hell they go to Dallas or San Fran and win a game this year.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Eagles are done
They’re in the playoffs as the 3 at worst but no what in hell they go to Dallas or San Fran and win a game this year.
They are gonna win the division and be the 2 seed over the Lions so they wouldn’t be on the road until they played the Niners in the conference champ game. I hate it for the Cowboys but they blew it yesterday. Neither of them are beating the Niners anyway.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Is Jalen Hurts really that good? He seems to be regressing to the mean. Three losses in a row for the Eagles. Jalen threw for less than 150 yards and two INT.
He’s a turnover machine this year. And, without muh tush push, he wouldn’t be much of a fantasy QB, either. He’s a helluva athlete, but if they outlaw the tush push next season, he becomes that much more obsolete. He’s still adequate enough, just probably not gonna have another big contract.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
He’s still being coached like a college quarterback. They give him one primary read, maybe two, take off. Watch him. He doesn’t look to go 123 maybe 4. RB playing qb.

Obvious bias. Dak is better.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He’s still being coached like a college quarterback. They give him one primary read, maybe two, take off. Watch him. He doesn’t look to go 123 maybe 4. RB playing qb.

Obvious bias. Dak is better.
Not only does he not make any reads but you can’t touch the qb under the bogus new rules. put Hurts in the nfl in 1985 and he would be forced to stay in the pocket and read defenses. try getting out of the pocket and running as a qb back then, imagine what the Bears defense would have done. they knocked 2-3 qbs out of a game several times.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Not only does he not make any reads but you can’t touch the qb under the bogus new rules. put Hurts in the nfl in 1985 and he would be forced to stay in the pocket and read defenses. try getting out of the pocket and running as a qb back then, imagine what the Bears defense would have done. they knocked 2-3 qbs out of a game several times.
From the interview I just watched, yeah, two reads at most. Wow. Starting nfl qb.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Famous last words. Never say never. Jimmy Johnson should’ve won 3 in a row. But he didn’t.

Detroit may be my dark horse pick but I’m not sure they have enough on defense. All kind of weapons on offense though, and Goff has saved his career after it was going south in LA at the end.

But considering that SF already has blowout wins against Dallas and Philly, gotta consider them the clear favorite.

AFC is more wide open although Baltimore has looked really good lately.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Detroit may be my dark horse pick but I’m not sure they have enough on defense. All kind of weapons on offense though, and Goff has saved his career after it was going south in LA at the end.

But considering that SF already has blowout wins against Dallas and Philly, gotta consider them the clear favorite.

AFC is more wide open although Baltimore has looked really good lately.
Baltimore plays San Francisco Christmas night. Going to be a helluva game.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Jordan Mailata is one big reason the Eagles are so successful with that play. He is the left tackle, and he's listed at 6-8, 365.

He used to play rugby. Here is a highlight reel. Oh . . . he's #16 in the highlight reel, in case you couldn't tell.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
It used to be illegal for several years for the offense to push ball carriers from behind. Don't know why they ever made it legal to begin with.
I wish they would reverse it. I prefer watching good execution as opposed to who can push their players the best. But Im old school.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Baltimore plays San Francisco Christmas night. Going to be a helluva game.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that the Seahawks knocked off Philly last night, but the the thought of two SB caliber teams like SF/Balt playing on Christmas night for their respective #1 seeds had me amped up. It’s still an incredible matchup, but a little different now considering that SF has a little breathing room

Side note, but the NFL’s #1 seed is such a massive advantage. Only team with a bye, then you get to play the worst remaining seed in round 2, and finally you get the conference championship at home against a team that just had to play two playoff games in a row. It’s great when your team is the recipient, but it has to be the most incredible advantage in all of sports for a top seed.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
They have a QB that can squat 600 pounds
They had some great camera work and replays during those plays last night. I saw a 250 pound man, Bobby Wagner, jump on the back of Hurts on multiple occasions when he was behind the line. Each time he carried that guy for a few yards after contact and on at least one occasion I did NOT see any Eagles push on Hurts.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
It's the perfect combo of their front 3 get how to execute it perfectly and Hurts also having some strong *** legs. They get so low and have such a good push then Hurts doesn't shy away at all. It's unstoppable the way they execute it.

I think even if they change the rules to not allow the push from behind, they'll still get a yard almost every time with that push. Now when Kelce retires, the play could become worthless for them.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that the Seahawks knocked off Philly last night, but the the thought of two SB caliber teams like SF/Balt playing on Christmas night for their respective #1 seeds had me amped up. It’s still an incredible matchup, but a little different now considering that SF has a little breathing room

Side note, but the NFL’s #1 seed is such a massive advantage. Only team with a bye, then you get to play the worst remaining seed in round 2, and finally you get the conference championship at home against a team that just had to play two playoff games in a row. It’s great when your team is the recipient, but it has to be the most incredible advantage in all of sports for a top seed.
The 49ers need to win two of the last three so they don’t necessarily have to win against Baltimore but you can’t slip up against Washington and the Rams. The Niners are really banged up on defense and if they’re going to make it to the Super Bowl they need to get healthy quickly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login