Ebb and flow

baen

Nov 11, 2007
Back in the mid 90's, MSU was coming off a Final Four, CWS, SEC CG appearance and routine football success. Ole Miss was saddled with crippling probation. It looked like we had finally overtaken and left them behind in athletic supremacy in MS (fwiw). Then, it all turned to crap. With some exception for hoops, Ole Miss regained the upper hand and it looked like a long period of misery for us, especially with football probation. Fast forward to February 2008. MSU comes off a pretty good football year, gaining momentum in basketball, and ready to follow up a CWS season. State on the ascendancy again, at long last. All of a sudden, the President resigns, Polk resigns as baseball tanks, basketball ends with a whimper (though it was a good year), our future QB star bolts for LSU, we have two AD's, neither of whom has authority to do anything, and now the best player on our football team pulls a stunt of such incredible idiocy it almost defies description, leaving our jalopy (sp?) of an offense with a gaping hole for next year.

Come to think of it, our whole athletic dept is really a jalopy itself. When the tires get fully inflated and aligned, the steering goes out. Fix the steering and a headlight gets busted. Fix that and the muffler falls off. And on, and on, and on it goes.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
One day it's driving the ball 280 down the middle, good iron play and no putting. Then I get the short game back but can't get off the tee or hit a solid iron to save my life. I guess growing up a Mississippi State fan, I've just learned through osmosis or whatever it is to not be able to stand prosperity. That's the thing. MSU just cannot stand prosperity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login